• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New ar210 leaking!

Reefdonkey

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How accessible is the interior part of the hull there? Can you reach it from a cup holder or speaker opening?
No, it's pretty far up there. Seems easy enough to put a new fitting in there but there is mention of having to seal parts of the hull as well.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@gpp7824 and @OUT ON THE REEF thanks for posting. I guess this is the key picture from the inside, showing where the missing flange would be:
upload_2016-12-9_14-0-55.png

I'm pretty sure that my 24 footer has a two-piece (inner flange and outer flange) anchor locker drain, but I'm not near my boat to verify this right now.
I think can confirm this for you @MrMoose, as I worked around those fittings when installing my docking lights in the 240.
There are two fittings/flanges inside and out, so as long as those are sealed water can only go inside into the enclosed anchor storage compartment or to outside.

Of course I'm making another assumption here that water flows down wherever you keep the boat. :D

--

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wow, maybe I will wait another year. Keep us posted on the location of the leak (if it truly is from the anchor locker that seems like a easy fix).

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@OUT ON THE REEF , great discovery and fix. I am surprised at this design and it looks like another scupper. I would not want a hole in my boat at the hull just to drain the anchor locker water. I can see people now changing these out to Stainless in place of a plastic fitting. The good news is that this looks easy to fix

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Julian
Can you call your Yamaha contact and let them know they have another problem? That is assuming they have not read this thread yet.

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@OUT ON THE REEF , great discovery and fix. I am surprised at this design and it looks like another scupper. I would not want a hole in my boat at the hull just to drain the anchor locker water. I can see people now changing these out to Stainless in place of a plastic fitting. The good news is that this looks easy to fix
Very easy but i hope people will figure it out before their bilge pump fails
Thanks for your comment .

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@OUT ON THE REEF, you're a pretty smart guy! Really good job with the root cause analysis, and an amazing job demonstrating the problem. It's not easy making these types of videos, and you're a great guy for sharing your knowledge. I'm pretty sure that my 24 footer has a two-piece (inner flange and outer flange) anchor locker drain, but I'm not near my boat to verify this right now. The reason that I mention this is that those with this leak issue may wish to investigate whether the 24' hull fitting could be a better fix for this problem. I don't know why, but I have a sudden urge to watch a western or rob a bank.
Lol thanks for watching and for your great reply take care

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi all new to this posting thing. But here goes

I bought one of the first 2017 212x boats and had the same issue no salt water but a lot of water in the same areas as your boat. The dealer has had the boat for 2 months and it still is not done. The marina feels there is a cracked fitting between the locker and drain fitting. I'm not convinced that's the problem. After finding the water I looked over all the boats they had on the floor. Only to discover all the boats had the drain fitting go all the way into the anchor locker. Except the 2017 21 foot boats all of those including mine stoped short. Leaving a gap between the locker and fitting. I don't think the issue will fe fixed by putting a new fitting in unless it is longer and makes a seal in the locker. I also believe this will be a problem for a lot of 2017 21 foot boats I was told last week it should be done soon I will report back after they tell me it's done. Although I won't know if it's fixed until spring when I can get it back in the water. Hope this helps
Hope u resolve this uncomfortable isue with water soon ,thanks for sharing.

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@gpp7824 and @OUT ON THE REEF thanks for posting. I guess this is the key picture from the inside, showing where the missing flange would be:
View attachment 49134

I think can confirm this for you @MrMoose, as I worked around those fittings when installing my docking lights in the 240.
There are two fittings/flanges inside and out, so as long as those are sealed water can only go inside into the enclosed anchor storage compartment or to outside.

Of course I'm making another assumption here that water flows down wherever you keep the boat. :D

--
You are welcome , i hope evereone that has a 190 fsh is inform about this isue ,to me is dangerous on my deep sea trips.
Thanks..

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@OUT ON THE REEF, you're a pretty smart guy! Really good job with the root cause analysis, and an amazing job demonstrating the problem. It's not easy making these types of videos, and you're a great guy for sharing your knowledge. I'm pretty sure that my 24 footer has a two-piece (inner flange and outer flange) anchor locker drain, but I'm not near my boat to verify this right now. The reason that I mention this is that those with this leak issue may wish to investigate whether the 24' hull fitting could be a better fix for this problem. I don't know why, but I have a sudden urge to watch a western or rob a bank.
Im sorry that i caught this problem now before you purchase your boat ,i fout out about a month ago thats why i posted the video on YouTube to help the Owners.
Is a problem that needs to be fix fefore you use ur boat.
Thanks

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I agree ,my fix was a fast one so i can keep using my boat but stainless is a great idea specifically all the way through .
Thanks for the idea.

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wow, maybe I will wait another year. Keep us posted on the location of the leak (if it truly is from the anchor locker that seems like a easy fix).
To make sure you have that problem fill you anchor looker to see ware the water goes, hope you are lucky and is not that, but if you are getting water in the haul allways find it out before you haed to the water.
Best wishes take care

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey guys, I need some suggestions.

We just got our ar210 (2.5 hours). It's been in the water 3 times, the last time we took it out we had 6 people on it and realized that we were taking on water from the anchor locker.

It soaked everything under the storage compartments all the way back to the stern. we had a half inch of salt water on the carpet under the port side storage and 3 inches of water in the ski locker.

The hole in the picture is the inside of the anchor locker, I can see water in between the shells.

Yamaha will fix it under warranty but Should I be concerned that I've had that much salt water stuck in the hull and running through these areas?

Thanks!
If is salt water hosed it down with fresh water, tha big problem with salt water is in contact with metal objects because they will go bad quick .
Hope you get it fix

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey guys, I need some suggestions.

We just got our ar210 (2.5 hours). It's been in the water 3 times, the last time we took it out we had 6 people on it and realized that we were taking on water from the anchor locker.

It soaked everything under the storage compartments all the way back to the stern. we had a half inch of salt water on the carpet under the port side storage and 3 inches of water in the ski locker.

The hole in the picture is the inside of the anchor locker, I can see water in between the shells.

Yamaha will fix it under warranty but Should I be concerned that I've had that much salt water stuck in the hull and running through these areas?
Check out my issue on my 190 fsh leak
Thanks!

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The hole is in the anchor locker, there isn't a tube that goes all the way through though. The hole is finished on the outside of the hull. I can actually fit my finger in the hole and feel between the shells of the boat.
I do keep it covered and the boat was dry before we took it out. I tasted the water to confirm it was salt.
I don't understand how they let a boat out of production with this kind of issue.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It is missing the fitting than connects the locker to the outer hull. Glad Yamaha is fixing. I'd also have them clean the boat while they are at it...ie rinse the Salt water out and the wet dry vac it and use driers and no damp to dry the boat. Not so much for the damage it might have done, mainly cuz all that water will leave salt behind....yuck. Bet they'll do it right if you ask.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Reefdonkey

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
**Update**
The dealership got back to me today.
They said the hull was full of water, in every compartment and they'd have to put the boat on a big angle to drain what they could out and DRILL a hole in the floor of the boat and shop vac out from that compartment. And of course finish the anchor locker drain. This means at least another week without a boat, I've had the thing for 5 weeks, they'll end up having the thing 1/3 of the time that I have.

I'll be speaking to Yamaha tomorrow.... I'm not happy with this boat and am not confident that there aren't more hidden issues. Not to mention issues that may be accelerated due to salt water being leaked everywhere in the boat.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
DRILL a hole in the floor of the boat and shop vac out from that compartment
:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry, but that does not sound right... If the boat is tilted (with the bow up) and all internal plugs between compartments are removed, the water should drain. All the water. I routinely prop the trailer jack up as much as a foot to accomplish that.

EDIT: These boats all leak, one way or the other, and get water in bilges. If we had to drill holes in the hull anytime we want to drain it we would be in big trouble.

--

Last edited: