• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Audio for 210 FSH

Fsh’r92

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Brought my 210 FSH out today for the first time since purchase! Loved it but dang, y’all are right speakers are absolutely trash. Looking for an upgrade but could use some advice.

1. If I replace all 4 oem speakers with some kicker KM (65RMS/195peak) 6.5” 4ohms, what size/type of AMP sound I target?

2. Is it really necessary to replace the stock Jenson head unit? Or should I keep stock.

3. if I do all this, do you all think there will be a noticeable difference in increased volume? Or would I need to go with adding 2 additional speakers, bringing the total to 6?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes it will be louder than stock. But you might as well keep adding more. Trust me. It’s addictive.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven't done any upgrades to my stereo system other than installing Simrad sonic hub 2. I tossed the Jensen head unit that the boat came with and installed a VHF radio in its place. I need to upgrade my system as well, but I would definitely put another set of speakers in the back of the boat somewhere. I've seen folks put them in the side walls facing the helm that looks like a great place. I can't hear the music when I'm running with only 4 speakers and don't want to blow everyone out in front trying too.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Stock Jensen head unit is stil underpowered New speakers help but I ended up adding an amp too. It made the new speakers much happier. Either add an amp or or a high powered head unit would be my recommendation but you can start with speakers first and see how it goes.

Stubok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve just switched out the head unit for a kicker 46KMC4. Haven’t tested it yet. Looks so much better than the Jensen.

I already switch the 4 x 6” stock speakers for kicker 6.5” (45KM654L) and added 2 x 10” 4ohm kicker free air subs (45KMF104), wired in parallel to produce 2Ohms. I’m driving the 4 x 6.5” speakers off the first amp within a 5 channel Kicker amp (KXMA900.5). They’re wired in 2 pair parallel also. The amp also has a sub input/output. I plan to install 4 x 6.5” kicker tower speakers (KMTC65W) and drive them off the second amp in the 900.5. The Kicker Customer support team gave me a lot of good advice on this configuration. Also helped me figure out the lighting configuration.

Driving the 4 speakers and 2 subs off the amp made a huge difference. I think the 4 towers speakers on zone 2 will also make another big step up. If I do find myself wanting more I will just drop in some smaller speakers and drive them off the kmc4 head unit.

will post more pics of the head unit when it stops raining.

Attachments

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to hook a couple speakers off the head unit too and I could barely hear them compared to the amped speakers.