• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New bern (or similar) to Cape Look out run June 29th (tentative)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK, so here's who we have so far, unless I've missed someone.....

Me
@Eric Ballard
@ChrisMC
@vanmurray

Interested folks are:
@bronze_10, @KyleP, @symbianx, @Dan_NC, @Smitty, @AndyD, @robert843, @Ramblin Wreck, @Shannon, @jgpncll, @redthumper9

The Beaufort Hotel where I'm currently planning to stay is brand new... only been open 25 days. I am staying Friday-Sunday (June 28-30). It's next to The Boathouse. I called the hotel and parking is 100% valet, but no issue with boat trailers. They said I can park and they have golf carts to shuttle people back and forth. Next to the Boathouse is a public boat ramp so I'll probably launch from there. Found this information after searching a while....

"Steps from the Beaufort Hotel NC, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member is Curtis Perry Public Park, one of the most popular launching areas for local and visiting Beaufort mariners. It is located next to The Boathouse at Front Street Village.

Often referred to as the Taylor’s Creek Boat Ramp, the public boat launch has two boat ramps and is an ideal location to launch your boat or kayak. Rachel Carson Reserve, home to over 30 wild horses. is located directly across from the public boat ramp.

This public parking area has 31 spaces for vehicles with boat trailers."

View attachment 93956
That ramp gets full fast and early. Due to the fishermen. Very small parking lot.

I might be in for this either with my boat or my skis. Gonna see as it gets closer

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bit of an update... I just canceled my hotel and re-booked it. They have a 15% summer deal through end of June. If any of you plan to book this hotel, I would check it out.

They have slip rentals at the Boathouse. Waiting on someone to call me back about renting a slip that weekend. Rates are $2 / ft so I'm looking a $48 to have it in a slip overnight. I'll pay that to avoid the hassle! Details below.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bit of an update... I just canceled my hotel and re-booked it. They have a 15% summer deal through end of June. If any of you plan to book this hotel, I would check it out.

They have slip rentals at the Boathouse. Waiting on someone to call me back about renting a slip that weekend. Rates are $2 / ft so I'm looking a $48 to have it in a slip overnight. I'll pay that to avoid the hassle! Details below.

I’m booked. The discount worked but didn’t have any waterfront with the discount so I kept my first room. Interested to know where we can park trailers. I emailed Chase listed on the site to reserve dockage. Will let you know when I hear back.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I did up to surf city today nice area hope to make it further north next time

Attachments

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well I did up to surf city today nice area hope to make it further north next time
Looks nice! I assume the area from Bald Head up to Topsail would make for a nice run. Faster drive for the Raleigh contingent to get to the Wilmington area too.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks nice! I assume the area from Bald Head up to Topsail would make for a nice run. Faster drive for the Raleigh contingent to get to the Wilmington area too.
The cape fear river near bald head was a little angry on the way up early was calm on the way back. When I went through the top sail area on the way to Surf City it was nice a ton of large homes on the water the one thing I really noticed today is there is just an insane amount of million dollar homes on the water in that area. Surf City looked a little more sleepy but I wasn’t there long as turned around and headed back.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me know when there will be a day trip on the ICW. I want yo bring the ski.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So after talking the family we might be in but we will be starting in Surf City NC instead of New Bern and meet you guys up there. I can't remember are you guys planing to overnight in Beaufort NC Saturday?

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So after talking the family we might be in but we will be starting in Surf City NC instead of New Bern and meet you guys up there. I can't remember are you guys planing to overnight in Beaufort NC Saturday?
Yea. We are staying at Beaufort Hotel Friday and Saturday night. I’m still working on slip reservation.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yep, staying in Beaufort Friday and Saturday night. Guess we can discuss if we want to cruise up Adams creek intro the Neuse for a bit. Or we just hang on the shore.

@vanmurray i haven’t heard back from the Boathouse either.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yep, staying in Beaufort Friday and Saturday night. Guess we can discuss if we want to cruise up Adams creek intro the Neuse for a bit. Or we just hang on the shore.

@vanmurray i haven’t heard back from the Boathouse either.
I just talked to Boathouse, they closed early due to weather today and said they would call me back tomorrow.

Depends on weather I guess. It’s a nice run up the ICW, lunch at O Town then run back and find a beach/sandbar. If wind is right, time will be well spent at the coast.

Looking forward to it.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a reservation at the Boathouse according to Chase for the entire weekend.... He said space is very limited. I can't shake the gut feel that it's not a 100% guarantee... guess time will tell.

You have any luck van?

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a reservation at the Boathouse according to Chase for the entire weekend.... He said space is very limited. I can't shake the gut feel that it's not a 100% guarantee... guess time will tell.

You have any luck van?
Same. I have an email response that says to show up at the ships store to fill out the paperwork. I guess? :)

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Same. I have an email response that says to show up at the ships store to fill out the paperwork. I guess? :)
Here's what he sent me........ "At this point I am going to say yes. We are very limited on dock space. So I will send the paperwork in the next few weeks and get you set up."

I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but it's not a definitive answer. Seems like you got the same. Might just be how he does stuff...???

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here's what he sent me........ "At this point I am going to say yes. We are very limited on dock space. So I will send the paperwork in the next few weeks and get you set up."

I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but it's not a definitive answer. Seems like you got the same. Might just be how he does stuff...???
A little loose for me. I just called Beaufort City Docks and got a reservation confirmed. Call on vhf 16/9 when approaching.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A little loose for me. I just called Beaufort City Docks and got a reservation confirmed. Call on vhf 16/9 when approaching.
To clarify I did get a response very similar except just said to go to ship store when I arrive. I would like to stay close to hotel but no slip is not really an option. I’ll just cancel whichever I don’t use. It will be busy if weather is nice. Can’t wait. Should be a great time.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just called them and made a reservation as well. Would love to be at the Boathouse but don't want to get screwed at last minute.

I don't have a VHF radio.... I didn't ask them when I called, but am not sure if that's a huge problem or not.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just called them and made a reservation as well. Would love to be at the Boathouse but don't want to get screwed at last minute.

I don't have a VHF radio.... I didn't ask them when I called, but am not sure if that's a huge problem or not.
Yep. I would pick up a handheld VHF. Good in general for the coast. Handheld VHF Radios | West Marine

ChrisMC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FYI, I'll have my wife, 2 boys and 1 daughter along..... boys are 8 and 13 and my daughter is 16. Assuming I won't be the only one with kids so if we anchor up somewhere the kids will have people to dumb around with.
I’ll have a 10 year old boy and 12 year old girl

symbianx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a bit confused. Is the group not doing New Bern anymore? Are we just going to stay in / near Beaufort, NC and explore the ICW, and possibly go out in open water?