• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Car Prices

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Side note- I got an Instagram ad for Nissan titans. They're running 0% for 60 months and a cursory glance at listings showed several dealers offering about 10% off MSRP, no special manufacturer rebates or anything. Loaded pro4x is MSRP of 64k offered at 58k with 0% does seem like a decent offering for a truck truck. Probably cheaper overall than buying a slightly used 2020 f150 comparably equipped.
Watch those ads. Nissan dealers are shady AF on advertising. I've been watching them as well and a lot of those discounts are things like Military, recent grad, nissan loyalty, and a few others. They stack ALL of the discounts together and advertise that price. Tried to work a deal on a Titan in TX a few weeks ago, found out quickly they were doing bait/switch with those discounted prices.

I still think the Titan is the value leader here if you want a truck. Get the most options for the least cash, and only really miss out on a few select high end options (like a HUD, Massage Seats, and some of the fuel economy stuff like start/stop and cylinder deactivation).

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You will see the 20% off - you won't be seeing 1.9% from banks. You will get the choice of 20% or 1.9% from manufacturer finance... and then haggle what you can. This is just back to the normal. The sub 3% rates were awesome but that isn't going to come back as norm.
100% you will not see it from Banks, but you will see it from Toyota, Ford, Ram who want to push their inventory out.
Here is RAM today at 2.9% for 72 months and 10% off MSRP. And that is official site. I am sure dealer will do better then 10% off.
I saw ford offering 1.9% for 36 months couple weeks ago. steep payment but good offer.
Come August, September when new year models are coming you will see more offers like this or much better.
I financed my cars with Manufacturer offers.
Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 12.18.56 PM.png

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
100% you will not see it from Banks, but you will see it from Toyota, Ford, Ram who want to push their inventory out.
Here is RAM today at 2.9% for 72 months and 10% off MSRP. And that is official site. I am sure dealer will do better then 10% off.
I saw ford offering 1.9% for 36 months couple weeks ago. steep payment but good offer.
Come August, September when new year models are coming you will see more offers like this or much better.
I financed my cars with Manufacturer offers.
View attachment 201427
This are not AND offers - it's one or the other. You may be able to get both but it's not a guarantee.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Wouldn't know it from what I see. Several of my friends companies have stated they're not doing raises, will be laying off people, are suspending some benefits, etc.

All the theme parks around here are seemingly going into panic mode about low crowds. Huge deals on tickets for Disney and Universal. Gotta think that's economy dependent.

I don't have all the answers but it sure seems like we are not running strong.

Side note- I got an Instagram ad for Nissan titans. They're running 0% for 60 months and a cursory glance at listings showed several dealers offering about 10% off MSRP, no special manufacturer rebates or anything. Loaded pro4x is MSRP of 64k offered at 58k with 0% does seem like a decent offering for a truck truck. Probably cheaper overall than buying a slightly used 2020 f150 comparably equipped.
Where are these tickets deal? Best I see for Disney is $400 for a 4 day - which was their pre-covid deal. They raised their prices so much in the past 3 years they probably pushed out demand, and are trying to re-coup it. An annual pass is thru the roof - $1400.

I see the opposite in Tampa. My wife just had her biggest raise ever, followed by a promotion a month later with another good raise. My best friend was just promoted, his GF just got an off-cycle raise. My step-dad was half-promoted (they did shuffling to keep this pay the same.. then gave him a bonus). My company continues to post above expected quarterly earnings. This is obviously sector dependent but I wouldn't say all of those people are in recession-proof jobs. I certainly could see people in home lending getting beat up pretty bad by the economy.

As with the Ram above, I highly doubt you can get 10% off and 0% financing. Those are almost always one or the other.

On the flipside, boat rentals seem down. I don't track the data so can't say for sure, but that also could be because there is a lot more people doing it now.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Watch those ads. Nissan dealers are shady AF on advertising. I've been watching them as well and a lot of those discounts are things like Military, recent grad, nissan loyalty, and a few others. They stack ALL of the discounts together and advertise that price. Tried to work a deal on a Titan in TX a few weeks ago, found out quickly they were doing bait/switch with those discounted prices.

I still think the Titan is the value leader here if you want a truck. Get the most options for the least cash, and only really miss out on a few select high end options (like a HUD, Massage Seats, and some of the fuel economy stuff like start/stop and cylinder deactivation).
Agree. And since massage seats are on "mandatory" deletes, kinda not a huge loss. That said, the titan interior is definitely down-market from the Ford and ram and Toyota.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where are these tickets deal? Best I see for Disney is $400 for a 4 day - which was their pre-covid deal. They raised their prices so much in the past 3 years they probably pushed out demand, and are trying to re-coup it. An annual pass is thru the roof - $1400.

I see the opposite in Tampa. My wife just had her biggest raise ever, followed by a promotion a month later with another good raise. My best friend was just promoted, his GF just got an off-cycle raise. My step-dad was half-promoted (they did shuffling to keep this pay the same.. then gave him a bonus). My company continues to post above expected quarterly earnings. This is obviously sector dependent but I wouldn't say all of those people are in recession-proof jobs. I certainly could see people in home lending getting beat up pretty bad by the economy.

As with the Ram above, I highly doubt you can get 10% off and 0% financing. Those are almost always one or the other.

On the flipside, boat rentals seem down. I don't track the data so can't say for sure, but that also could be because there is a lot more people doing it now.
Things here in the Space Coast are hot still too. Just about everyone is hiring, I'm switching employers and getting a significant pay raise. I think FL is an outlier though. My friends back in NC are saying a lot of things are getting tight. The layoffs and pay freezes I heard about are up there. Some people are getting promotions, sure, but it's an overall downward trend up there.

Disney's 4 days for 400$ is like 50% off current rates. Universal is doing 5 days for $300. Both have had a lot of price hikes, but it doesn't seem like they're having issues filling out. Our APs at Disney are up for renewal at like $600.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Latest June reports still show the economy is running strong. 340k jobs added last month.
If you believe the new Biden admin way of running the jobs report then I've got a bridge to sell you.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
As the car market tends to lean towards more expensive cars, some affordable option is becoming less and less available (I have encountered this problem). So with my travel lifestyle I don't need an expensive car, I use Atob Transfer (providing airport transfers) - convenience without the burden of owning a car.
Which AI system are you?

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife has been looking for a new Escalade. Can’t find any that are not still $15-$30k above MSRP (for the specific trim she wants). We will definitely ride it out before paying that.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This are not AND offers - it's one or the other. You may be able to get both but it's not a guarantee.
True, this one is not. Always read fine print :)
Ford was running 1.9% and dealer was dropping $7500 off MSRP.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it’s the Federal govt that is putting out those reports I doubt the veracity of said reports. Okay, lets assume that there was truly 340,000 jobs added and not 3400 jobs as was the big lie a few months ago, that’s a drop in the bucket in comparison to the jobs that were lost from early 20 through the end of 21. Labor force participation calcs were changed in the mid 90’s for political reasons and thus do not show true labor participation rates in the US.
I think the jobs report tripped walking across the stage and accidentally fat fingered an extra zero on there.....

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Things here in the Space Coast are hot still too. Just about everyone is hiring, I'm switching employers and getting a significant pay raise. I think FL is an outlier though. My friends back in NC are saying a lot of things are getting tight. The layoffs and pay freezes I heard about are up there. Some people are getting promotions, sure, but it's an overall downward trend up there.

Disney's 4 days for 400$ is like 50% off current rates. Universal is doing 5 days for $300. Both have had a lot of price hikes, but it doesn't seem like they're having issues filling out. Our APs at Disney are up for renewal at like $600.
Our purchasers index (a listing of common items we buy organized by lead time and cost juxtaposed with monthly sales) says we have worsening market conditions. However, overall sales are up across most markets for us. We're hiring as fast as we can find good fits, and the overall outlook is generally decent for us. We're very well diversified across many markets, so that helps.

If there's an economy slump, it's missing us for the most part.