• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Dock/Dry Slip w/Rhino Lift - Hands Free Operation!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, not literally hands free - still need to push the levers of the lift controller, lol.
And after that - I can walk away for pre-trip prep. Super easy access for the family!

The dock is "padded" all around w/ plastic rails and vinyl bumpers, so basically - she is corralled! (like in a strait jacket of sorts)

Down
upload_2018-5-9_23-15-53.png

And up
upload_2018-5-9_23-3-12.png

Just for comparison - below - this is the same slip/lift but before I installed the wrap-around part - it was a bit awkward to board.
upload_2018-5-9_23-5-49.png

--

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
cool set up. How long is your slip? I keep mine in a 30' slip on a Rhino lift and the bow is not nearly that close to the end of the dock. I would like to check on having my lift moved forward so it would be positioned like yours. I have also thought about having it turned around so the swim platform would be just a step away from the dock.

E0670922-B967-4F31-8F16-0A956AC01E1B.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
cool set up. How long is your slip? I keep mine in a 30' slip on a Rhino lift and the bow is not nearly that close to the end of the dock. I would like to check on having my lift moved forward so it would be positioned like yours. I have also thought about having it turned around so the swim platform would be just a step away from the dock.

View attachment 74037
@MattFX4 the slip is a standard 10'x30'. My marina owners don't give a $#!& about almost anything except they are pretty particular about lifts and their types and placement, we are on a river that can go up or down 20' - overnight!
They did let me do the wrap around so I'm a happy camper.

--

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski Gotcha. Yeah my marina is the same way. They will only let one of two companies install lifts to their docks. I really don't want to pay to have it moved it again, but I may check on having it moved forward or turned around so either the bow or stern will be next to end of slip like yours.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You people and your fancy covered lifted slips.

<- Jealous.
@MattFX4 - yes, he has a NICE slip!
Me - not so much! I'm in a "river rat" marina that many members here would laugh at, lol. I love it though, keeps me close to the water and never a boring day, just need to live with an eye on water gauges!
Actually, high water doesn't bother us much but I basically pull out whenever (before) it gets too low, take her to guest slip somewhere else.

Love me the Yammies though! I have left too many lower units on the bottom of that freaking Meramec...

--

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah I am on a lake. The level fluctuates up or down 15' annually but the marina is in deep water so don't have to worry about it. That's crazy yours can fluctuate that much in such a short amount of time!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski Gotcha. Yeah my marina is the same way. They will only let one of two companies install lifts to their docks. I really don't want to pay to have it moved it again, but I may check on having it moved forward or turned around so either the bow or stern will be next to end of slip like yours.
The one thing that kept me from an install where I would back into the slip is - Yamaha stern arches down really low. That can create a bit of a challenge when backing into a slip - a risk of wedging a corner of the swim platform under the dock deck... (ouch), in chop, or with some wind gusts.
My "bumper-rails" go down pretty low, but still about 12-15" above the water level, which is enough to secure the boat at rub rail level - around the bow and gunnels - but not at the stern.

--

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I love the center bumper. Where di you get it?
Papa

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
great job, never understood all the wasted space if you at a slip permanently, It just makes it a lot safer,

I would have done whatever it takes to be able to back in, it's my preferred docking position for launch/recovery and passenger boarding,

I even bought some of these that I currently tie off the stern onto the ladder boarding handle but thinking of add something to mount them further apart,

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you guys happy with the RhinoLift? Hunting between FloatAir, RhinoLift, Hydrohoist (where did my wallet go?), and getting an engineer friend of my to design/build a custom one.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you guys happy with the RhinoLift? Hunting between FloatAir, RhinoLift, Hydrohoist (where did my wallet go?), and getting an engineer friend of my to design/build a custom one.
Yes, for the most part. I did spring a leak but that’s an install issue, and the electronic modules are not marine grade - I replaced some simple things. It’s okay for the money and if compared to what else is available. They all can leak sometimes.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/rhinohoist-shoremaster-lift-leaking.20221/#post-344920

n1111z

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Where did you get your boat cover? Are you happy with it?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Give him a couple of weeks to figure out how to sale to Kate as a “safety mod”.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I couldn't help but notice how fast your lift goes down. My is a pull system and takes about 5 mins to go fully up or down. Thought about asking my marina owner if I can pay to upgrade the motor on the lift.

IA_210SX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Asking for those with a floating lift, does anyone have a recommendation for a side guide for an econo lift? We are in a double dock and I am just trying to make docking it easier.