• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New ECM fried in under 10 min…

ReelFishingSWFL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey guys I purchased a new ECM for my 2017 FSH 190 due to the original one not sending a signal to injector 4. Once I got the new ECM I plugged it in and the boat worked perfect for about 10 minutes flawless! Before I knew it I get a check engine light and cylinder 4 starts flooding with a stuck injector and I get no pulse in injector 1-3.. yet another ECM fried a $1,600 part! Prior to discovering the ECM issue with the original ECM I thought it was the wire harness and got a brand new one from Yamaha $1,200 yikes 😳 so I know it’s not the harness.. what could be causing the ECM to short out/fry?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just spit balling here... Stator / regulator causing surges or noise on the output voltage woud be my guess.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
or injector drawing way too much power causing the ECM injector driver to fail? Did the injector pass a bench test? It's very rare for these ECUs to fail without water intrusion... Tough break for sure. But same injector failing would indicate something in that direction (logically, but you already hit the anti-lottery of weirdness so who knows for sure)

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
He has already repalced all his injectors in troubleshooting this issue.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Also spitballing in the voltage category, what is key on voltage at ECM and running voltage?