• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Hummers

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It doesn't appear that our grid can sustain a high use of electric charging, which makes electric vehicles DOA. ...
I struggle with this one, Most cars take 20ampsx220 will charge 60+mile usage in 4-5 hours. That's less than the oven or the A/C. Worst case we are pushed to off peak hours in the evening where most are charging. I really don't see where this concern on the "grid" not handling the EV charging is coming from. If anything, it provides something to do with the electric surplus available in the evenings.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I struggle with this one, Most cars take 20ampsx220 will charge 60+mile usage in 4-5 hours. That's less than the oven or the A/C. Worst case we are pushed to off peak hours in the evening where most are charging. I really don't see where this concern on the "grid" not handling the EV charging is coming from. If anything, it provides something to do with the electric surplus available in the evenings.
It'll be an excuse to raise hydro rates as "EV usage has grown dramatically" (another lie). Just more gouging for the masses...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Zombie thread!

Just watched a review of the Hummer SUV version... What a joke and utter failure. They took a winning for.ula from the H2 (big mofo with tons of space and 3 rows), and said "well nots do that, yeah?".

They made it a lot shorter than the truck, with less batteries and power. It's now a 2 row with not a ton of space behind the rear seats, kinda like the H3 except WAY more money.

Gotta say, I'm disappointed. GM had an opportunity to build a proper family hauler EV SUV and instead whiffed it, hard.

Admittedly, I was a big fan of the H3, especially the V8 powered Alpha. It worked because it was nice, but not too nice. It was off-road, but also classy and easy to drive around town. It also worked because it had the H2 as a bigger brother that was a capable 3 rows block.
Gotta think they're electrifying the Tahoe/Yukon line. No need to fill that space with two humongonamous vehicles. The H2 was just a Yukon in gaudy oversized body work anyway, maybe instead of a wiff, they learned a lesson and decided to not repeat that same mistake?!?

Personally, I like the H3 size/shape/capability, and think the Hummer EV SUV (It needs a better name for certain) is about right sized and has the right capabilities.

Which review did you watch?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gotta think they're electrifying the Tahoe/Yukon line. No need to fill that space with two humongonamous vehicles. The H2 was just a Yukon in gaudy oversized body work anyway, maybe instead of a wiff, they learned a lesson and decided to not repeat that same mistake?!?

Personally, I like the H3 size/shape/capability, and think the Hummer EV SUV (It needs a better name for certain) is about right sized and has the right capabilities.

Which review did you watch?
It was one of the TFL channels, Romans annoying little son did the review... He's not great.

See I think the 3 rows size is the right size to start at. It's a lot easier to sell a 90k h3 sized SUV when there's a 1320-130k 3 rows version to step down from..plus I just think the larger size is better. Plus, the H2 made a LOT of money, so it's hard to call it a mistake. They go for big money now, imagine how cool they'd be with a diesel...

This also puts them in a really bad corner if they do have an electric Tahoe coming. It's either going to be north of 100k since it's larger than the Hummer, or it's going to undercut it in price and make it pointless. H3 sold well because it wasn't all that expensive, it was a Colorado with hummer touches and priced that way too.

I still maintain that if Jeep does PHEV Wagoneer, the rest of the segment becomes irrelevant anyways.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was one of the TFL channels, Romans annoying little son did the review... He's not great.

See I think the 3 rows size is the right size to start at. It's a lot easier to sell a 90k h3 sized SUV when there's a 1320-130k 3 rows version to step down from..plus I just think the larger size is better.

This also puts them in a really bad corner if they do have an electric Tahoe coming. It's either going to be north of 100k since it's larger than the Hummer, or it's going to undercut it in price and make it pointless. H3 sold well because it wasn't all that expensive, it was a Colorado with hummer touches and priced that way too.

I still maintain that if Jeep does PHEV Wagoneer, the rest of the segment becomes irrelevant anyways.
I agree, I struggle with TFLTruck in general. I think they make good content, but it's not as entertaining as it could be. Not sure I can do any better though.

Tahoes are already north of 100k if you click all the boxes. Wifes best friend just bought a new Z71 Tahoe last month. Thing was $85k or something absurd like that. It was more expensive than the Jaguar SUV she traded in on it.

Also, not everyone wants a GIANT truck. Midsize market is booming, despite our previous conversation about the tiny penalty for bumping to a fullsize. You keep forgetting that people rarely buy on data. They buy what they like, and what they think they want. a 2row SUV that fits on offroad trails and is electric is what they think they want to drive back and forth the office every day, and play weekend camper a few times a year. Which is fine, I'm not knocking them, it's just not a data based decision, and trying to argue that is like pissing in the wind.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree, I struggle with TFLTruck in general. I think they make good content, but it's not as entertaining as it could be. Not sure I can do any better though.

Tahoes are already north of 100k if you click all the boxes. Wifes best friend just bought a new Z71 Tahoe last month. Thing was $85k or something absurd like that. It was more expensive than the Jaguar SUV she traded in on it.

Also, not everyone wants a GIANT truck. Midsize market is booming, despite our previous conversation about the tiny penalty for bumping to a fullsize. You keep forgetting that people rarely buy on data. They buy what they like, and what they think they want. a 2row SUV that fits on offroad trails and is electric is what they think they want to drive back and forth the office every day, and play weekend camper a few times a year. Which is fine, I'm not knocking them, it's just not a data based decision, and trying to argue that is like pissing in the wind.
You got me there. I'm a data driven decision guy to a fault. Kinda sad actually, haha.

I keep tabs on Tahoe's, a loaded Premier trim is 84k with the diesel. Suburban is like 3k more.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Parked by a EV Hummer over the weekend. Looks better in person, seems like it sits lower than I expected and lower than old ones. Thing is still a tank though.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Parked by a EV Hummer over the weekend. Looks better in person, seems like it sits lower than I expected and lower than old ones. Thing is still a tank though.
Interesting. In the review they complained about how tall it was. Supposedly the lift in height for the back is like 48"