• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member From Florida

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi All!
I have owned several boats, mainly outboards and IO's. I live and boat in SW FL. on the Gulf of Mexico. I just sold my 2005 sea Ray 290 Amberjack and I am considering a jet boat. I will do some research but wanted to know if anyone can give me a quick lesson about owning/maintaining a jet boat in saltwater other than the obvious flushing of the motors and regular maintenance. Are there additional precautions one can take in saltwater? I am considering a Yamaha 242 Limited SE Series but have much more research to do. Thanks and great forum here!!!

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:Welcome: I'm also in swfl, Cape Coral. When it comes to jet boats in salt water there really isn't a difference from outboards and IO's to jet drives. Flush with salt away or dawn dish soap. Maintenance is way easier, oil changes, grease and check for loose bolts pretty much it. When i pull the boat out of the water I rinse it with plain water and then wash it with soap . Rinse and dry, Done (pre ceramic pro, now I just rinse) . I then run each motor for about 8 minutes and I fill the flush hose up with dawn dish soap. Check out the FAQ section for a bunch of useful information.

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks CraigAR! I will check out the FAQ section. I also live in The Cape.