• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member - Requesting advice on Electronics set up and Transducer placement

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It may be. There's so much info out there that its hard to know for sure. I figured I'd go with the manufacturer recommendations, test it out and go from there. I did leave myself a little wiggle room but not a ton. If it has to live a whole lot ill be drilling new holes which I really hope I don't need to do. I had to shim the left side to get it perpendicular.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It may be. There's so much info out there that its hard to know for sure. I figured I'd go with the manufacturer recommendations, test it out and go from there. I did leave myself a little wiggle room but not a ton. If it has to live a whole lot ill be drilling new holes which I really hope I don't need to do. I had to shim the left side to get it perpendicular.
If you haven't already seen it

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I hadn't seen that video thanks for sending it. I'm about an eighth of an inch below the surface I guess we'll know soon enough!

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you lose bottom turn slowly left and right. That will let you know if the transducer needs to go up or down. Turning will raise or lower the transducer in the water and you see it pick the bottom back up

2MinutesForHooking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone on here use the Structure scan? Mine is mounted similarly and it seems that the keel would be blocking the scan to that side.

Bobbylee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi, I'm new to boating and new to this forum. I'm in the process of installing a Garmin transducer. I'm a little nervous on drilling into my 2020 yamaha 195 sport.

In the manual, they recommend drilling the cable entry above the water line. I see a lot of members here penetrating through the transom below the waterline. I rather penetrate below the water line because of a cleaner look not having to see the wire going up across the transom, but am nervous on getting leaks. My question is how do you properly seal the hole and where is the best location?

Thanks in advance

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi, I'm new to boating and new to this forum. I'm in the process of installing a Garmin transducer. I'm a little nervous on drilling into my 2020 yamaha 195 sport.

In the manual, they recommend drilling the cable entry above the water line. I see a lot of members here penetrating through the transom below the waterline. I rather penetrate below the water line because of a cleaner look not having to see the wire going up across the transom, but am nervous on getting leaks. My question is how do you properly seal the hole and where is the best location?

Thanks in advance
I just installed mine tonight with a scanstrut cable seal. Haven't had it on the water yet but I don't anticipate any issues. Appears to be a nice high quality fitting.

Bobbylee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just installed mine tonight with a scanstrut cable seal. Haven't had it on the water yet but I don't anticipate any issues. Appears to be a nice high quality fitting.
Thanks. Look into it.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I drilled and then ran the cable and then sealed with 4200 (both sides). No issues so far.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is where mine ended up after the third try and speaking with simrad. Works perfect but now i want to move it to get trim tabs, but not sure where to put it after tabs installed. I would say if I had to do it again I would put it on the left (port) side to avoid livewell pick up. But thats where the dealer had already mounted it.
Grassman, is your transducer still mounted in this location? Do you have any interference issues using side imaging?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks; it's stock!

Yes, I'm that old. :)

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Grassman, is your transducer still mounted in this location? Do you have any interference issues using side imaging?
Still in same place, no issues with side imaging. Only interference I have is in reverse or neutral from jet wash.