• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New mods!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday after work, I finally completed the installation of the Stoltz bow roller, and Folton F2 winch.

Installation went without issues thanks to all of you in this community. I used the block and jack trick to lift the bow off the roller (i did use about 4 towels to cushion it), and it worked like a charm.

The F2 winch is incredible. You can see the quality in the build. Mine was already rusting in some parts. Here are a couple pics.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great mod right here! I needed the F2 winch today as I struggled to winch up a dead Mastercraft full of lead and gear! I might add that to my to do list!

I see that your trailer tongue is folded back all of the way, have you checked that the brake line is not being pinched or kinked?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf Im looking forward to getting years of use from the F2. As far as the brake line... I usually pull some slack to that it doesn't touch metal. There is at least 3-4" of play in the line. There is also a 1" shaft that serves as the tongue's hinge. It has zirk fittings on it. I think even if I tried, this hinge wont get it kink...not sure.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The new mods look great, like they came from the factory that way. Nice job on the install.

I don't have the roller but I do have the winch and agree it is a nice piece of gear. I use mine as a step often . The paint on the selection knob was wearing off so I took a Dremel to it and now it's all silver (stainless steel?). Some complain about the gears on the two speed stripping which I could see happening since the mechanism is a little loose on mine but I have not had an issue with this maybe because I don't use the two speed function.

Rust, where?

Last edited:

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Some complain about the gears on the two speed stripping
@Ronnie that is interesting. Where did you hear/read that? I saw some metal shavings in mine. I posted on a thread on YJB and haven't opened mine up in a while. I don't use the super slowmo gear, only the high speed and when it's time to crank the eyelet is always snug against the roller due to power loading.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie I didn't get the two speed because I had heard the same thing on THT. I got the single speed 2000lbs one. Its more than enough for my boat.

The oem Fulton winch was rusting around the strap area, and the inside. I spray all my equipment after use, and use corrosion resistant spray, but it was still rusting. Looked like trash for a 4 month old winch, but I may have OCD when it comes to it,lol.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot , I may have been thinking of your YJB post when I made the stripping statement. I can't think of any specific post indicating that the gears were totally stripped and non-functional just the sight of metal shavings language. I'm not sure which gear I'm in but its the one where the handle is closest to the housing. When I pull the handle out to switch gears the handle becomes very wobbly if the gears don't mesh right away and I don't like that weak feeling, like it's going break, at all. Incidentally, Fulton sells some replacement parts for the F2, I had to replace the handle arm on mine (not sure how but one of the forks broke/got a large crack through it), it cost me about $35+ shipping which is more than the cost of many winches available, including the stock winch on the MFI trailers I think.

@ScarabMike , thanks for the heads up. I will take a look at my winch and spray it down if necessary before I put the boat away for the "off season".

I just noticed the vent in your bow cover, nice. I also like the way your safety chain is short and mounted close to the winch. Mine is long a mounted on the trailer frame, it if ever gets used it would allow the boat to slide back a foot or two before it did its job. The stearn tie down's should keep it from moving but I still don't like all of the play in the bow safety chain on my trailer.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie Belive it or not, my trailer didnt come with a safety chain. I made this one with some Home Depot equipment. Im like you, the straps in the rear are great, but I wanted the security of a good ol fashioned chain.

The Scarab covers are awesome. They have 3 of those vents, and one of them actually has a pulley to adjust tension that is held by the tower.

Janguh Lang

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Negative Mod equals Positive Mod equals Free Mod .

Took off the Center window have not looked back .

Dont miss it. BUT ! word to the wise , Be careful with your covers catching on the empty windshield corners.Screenshot_20160904-013855.png

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Use a pool noodle on top of the window frame. And also.. the only time we use the center window is when we are in the rain... like we were caught in yesrerday! It makes a world of difference