• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New OEM Mooring Cover and Fabric Guard

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey Y'all....Well I finally bit the bullet and bought my 2014 242LS a new black mooring cover. I've had the current since new and its held up great. But, this winter some of the plastic clasps broke and I can get the cover nice and tight to drive with. Cant believe I got this much time out of the original anyway. All the Hot GA summers and it being store outside all the time too.

Now with that being said I used 303 Fabric Guard on that cover, as well as the Bimini, and that stuff obviously was the champ and kept the material protected. But, I didn't think about the new cover and the newer material. Can you use the 303 Fabric Guard on that like we could with the previous heavier canvas? Thanks y'all

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
YES ! It's the best I have found. I treat mine each spring and also the bimini. Just did them both this past Saturday. It keeps water running off just like RainX on a windshield until the following spring. Probably could get by doing it every 2 years but this time of year after a long offseason , looking for boat projects !! lol

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
yes, I have actually done it two ways. You can buy the concentrate , dilute it but not sure the ratio , and apply with a low pressure nozzle on a pressure washer. For the bimini I just use the 32 oz. bottle with spray applicator. Either way be sure it is clean and dry before application.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@WildCatFan54 ...Thanks man. I do the same every spring. I use a pump sprayer, lay out the mooring cover in the driveway/yard and soak the cover and Bimini. Fabric Guard 303 is the absolute best. I even use it on our patio furniture cushions. Amazon had the gallon jugs on sale for $35!!! bought 3. Definitely want to get the new cover covered before the season.

We've had so much rain here in GA I can only imagine the debris in the lakes right now...But, projects are starting to add up and boating is just around the corner.

Cheer!

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
yes, I have actually done it two ways. You can buy the concentrate , dilute it but not sure the ratio , and apply with a low pressure nozzle on a pressure washer. For the bimini I just use the 32 oz. bottle with spray applicator. Either way be sure it is clean and dry before application.
What do you use to clean your bimini?

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@WildCatFan54 ...Thanks man. I do the same every spring. I use a pump sprayer, lay out the mooring cover in the driveway/yard and soak the cover and Bimini. Fabric Guard 303 is the absolute best. I even use it on our patio furniture cushions. Amazon had the gallon jugs on sale for $35!!! bought 3. Definitely want to get the new cover covered before the season.

We've had so much rain here in GA I can only imagine the debris in the lakes right now...But, projects are starting to add up and boating is just around the corner.

Cheer!
debris is terrible early spring on Lake Cumberland also. I was down there yesterday with intention of taking the boat out ? Then discovered some minor gelcoat damage on transom below waterline. Bummer ! Thought it might be best to get that resolved before taking down off the lift. Next weekend project.