• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Owner 195 news some feedback

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
You could, but I'd suggest to keep this troubleshooting into one thread. It becomes very difficult to follow along what has been done otherwise.

Other possibilities include spark plugs, ignition coils... but that usually comes with an engine light (which I presume you don't have since you didn't mention any warning lights).

On the tuning side of things, I'm not familiar with what the dealer software BUDS can do.

The most likely thing until we rule it out with photos is the pump.

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Usually a very loud engine may indicate the water box is not getting enough water if the water is low the noise level is very high. Although jet boat engines are usually a lot louder than other types of propulsion. Sea doo wrapped their water boxes with rubber matt years ago to quiet them down so perhaps you can get some yoga matt material and wrap the muffler. As for vibration and pulling this is not normal and if the pump is not the cause of the vibration the engine alignment may be slightly off, I would think it is in the pump as previously stated even the slightest amount of fishing line will throw off the balance and an indicator of this would be that the vibrations come and go at different R P M's As for pulling on a single engine jet boat is a totally different situation and it may be due to an uneven loading of the boat or some significant drag being produced on one side of the boat .

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Believe it or not there can be a small object stuck between the impeller blades that you will not be able to see from under or behind the pump. I had a small toy soldier of all things that I had to pull the pump to find and remove it at the boat ramp, so on your pump it is not always obvious.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Since you are new to jet boats here is a heads up, always keep in mind that when launching the boat , backing off a trailer or even in shallow water, backing up kicks up a lot of trash from the bottom and it gets sucked into the intake so go easy on the throttle when backing in shallow water.

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thanks guys this helps a lot

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Also if it is a piece of wood and you leave it a few days it will probably dry out and shrink then come loose to where you can see it

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Thanks for the pics. The pics from the intake grate side are probably more important but are missing in these. You need clear photos looking through the intake grill under the boat.

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Not sure if you're still uploading/getting photos. But we need shots of the impeller through the grate. Like this:

1634684259957.png

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
FYI, the pics you are posting (the last two) are the drift shaft sleeve. The important part is where the impeller is located and spins inside the wear ring (yellow part in my pic). I know you're still learning about jet boats, but you should go and learn about the Rotax jet jumps and understand the basics. It will help you in the future.

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
It’s raining at the moment and have to crawl under the boat and figure out how to get my cell phone between the grates!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I hear ya! It can wait until after the rain. lol And it's ok to see the grate. Just take multiple angles so we can see around the entire perimeter of the impeller. You need to be able to capture every degree of the 360 deg. That's where you could find a small piece of wood, etc.

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Much better! Only a few spots I can't see above the drive shaft and at the bottom of the impeller. It's definitely worth making sure you can look around the whole perimeter of the impeller. So you should find a way to look in those spots. But from what I can see, everything looks mint on the impeller/ring front. I noticed you have excessive black "putty" sealant that sticks out. I would trim that. Any small obstruction can cause cavitation (aka, loss of power). Water flow into the jet pump is super important along with a perfectly working pump.

Assuming the areas I can't see in those pics are just as clean, then yeah, I don't see a problem with the pump. The rest may have to be inspected by the dealer. Very hard to diagnose besides what others have suggested as possibilities. But with your lack of experience with this type of engine, the reality is you're probably better off to wait on the dealer to help.

But don't let all of this discourage you. Just be patient.

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thanks Luc. I was wondering what those black areas were. We literally have 30 minutes on the boat. I would be surprised if I created any damage. In the future should I pull the grate off to get a better look?
Thank all of you very much for the advice and hope I can get this resolved. I am on my way to the dealer early tomorrow morn

kind regards
Pablo