• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Owner in Georgia

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@curtwalt - We're you out on Allatoona today? I saw a VERY similar 242 out there this a.m. down near the Acworth section of the lake. Lots of Yammies out here today.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
242 under way on Allatoona. . .

Attachments

curtwalt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@curtwalt - We're you out on Allatoona today? I saw a VERY similar 242 out there this a.m. down near the Acworth section of the lake. Lots of Yammies out here today.
Nope, not me. I have mine stored at Lake Lanier. I've seen a bunch over there over the past few weekends also.

curtwalt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome here ! Nice photos ! Hope you keep posting more !
Where'd ya buy it ? WEDOWEE MARINE on Lake Wedowee, AL ? AWESOME dealer !
Come see us on pretty and FRIENDLY Lake Oconee, GA sometime. You'ld love it here !

Sincere Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

View attachment 6567
Yes Wedowee, I actually got Randy's number from one of your posts on the other message board so you referred me :)

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice boat. I have similar...trailering it near Lanier for now, but shopping for dry stack...

What fish finder did you add? Do you know what kind of transducer is used? Does it require a hole in the hull or does it shoot through the hull? your mount location looks good. This will be my next mod...

curtwalt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice boat. I have similar...trailering it near Lanier for now, but shopping for dry stack...

What fish finder did you add? Do you know what kind of transducer is used? Does it require a hole in the hull or does it shoot through the hull? your mount location looks good. This will be my next mod...
The fish finder is a Humminbird 688Ci (http://www.humminbird.com/Products/688ci-HD-Combo/). They used a transom mount transducer next to the drain plug. I thought I had a pic but couldn't find it. It works great, the GPS has been worth it alone and we plan to do more fishing this summer.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice boat. And welcome! Sorry, I am a bit behind in reading in this part of the forum...

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Obviously you went to Weedowie Marine as we did.
Great customer service over there across the border!
It was worth the drive, wish our local Yamaha dealer would get some customer service in their sales philosophy.
Welcome aboard and happy boating

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I myself had discovered Wedowee Marine, and Randy Morris, when I started looking @ Yamaha boats last Spring. He was THE ONLY dealer who:
1) Appeared to be actually interested in helping me.
2) Took the time to explain things to me.
3) Returned my first and subsequent phone calls PROMPTLY !
4) Made me a very reasonable offer on the trade-in of our SeaRay.
5) Helped me on the "delivery" of our Yamaha, as we purchased it WITHOUT a trailer.
6) Did NOT charge us but 2 % Sales tax. And that is a fact for ANYONE - FROM ANY STATE - buying a boat from him. I on't go into details here except to say that ANYONE buying a boat from him has to pay a TOTAL of only 2% sales tax (With nothing new added from your home state once you arrive back in your home state - Write me if you want details). It's a quirk that applies to only boat dealers in HIS county in Alabama. Which is why so many people buying center console fishing boats in Louisiana drive and buy a boat from him. They save about 7% is sales tax.

And I guess I should throw in that Randy is simply 1 terrific fella. Guess he learned that from his Jawja upbringing and the fact he was Service Manager for John Bleakely Ford on the west side of Atlanta for so very many years. He treats you like you've become a member of his family.

Randy Morris - Owner of Wedowee Marine: CELL PHONE #: (404) 307-3707.

PS - Lake Wedowee is an Alabama Power Lake (Part of the Southern Companies) and is the "sister lake" to Georgia Power's Lake Oconee.
http://www.wedoweemarine.com/

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice and welcome. I may have missed this but what lake are you on? We are on Allatoona.

curtwalt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Obviously you went to Weedowie Marine as we did.
Great customer service over there across the border!
It was worth the drive, wish our local Yamaha dealer would get some customer service in their sales philosophy.
Welcome aboard and happy boating
Yep, I enjoyed working with Randy out of Wedowee. I'd love to do all my service there, but the drive is a bit of a hike. Do you do your own service or use someone in the area? I'm coming up on my 10 hour and am trying to figure out who to use. I would do it myself, but there are enough quirks with my boat so far that I'd like to have someone a little more experienced look at it. Thanks.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yep, I enjoyed working with Randy out of Wedowee. I'd love to do all my service there, but the drive is a bit of a hike. Do you do your own service or use someone in the area? I'm coming up on my 10 hour and am trying to figure out who to use. I would do it myself, but there are enough quirks with my boat so far that I'd like to have someone a little more experienced look at it. Thanks.
Looks.......Let's face it. Wedowee Marine is a SPECIAL PLACE. But it IS a hike and a half there. And there are gonna be times you're gonna need a quality place to get your Service done.

For a special reason, not worth noting today, I have a Special Place in my "honor roll" for the SERVICE MANAGER of Park Marine in Kennesaw, GA. And I had been waiting on the "right" opportunity to say something about him.

Now I know Park Marine in Kennesaw IS a ton closer to where you live. And Lake Allatoona. Tyson Bell is Service Manager there, and ask for him ONLY ! His number is: (770) 919-2628.

Tyson knows what he is doing, he will treat you well, and he does some AWESOME Lighting and Audio work on Yamahas if you are so inclined. Please do tell him if you decide to call him that you got his name from Mikey Lulejian on Lake Oconee, GA.

Good Luck and please do post and let us know what you decide to do ....... and how it turns out.
Best Blessed Wishes to everyone, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
:Welcome:

As you can see in my signature pic I'm a big fan of Black on Black as well! Damn that black tower and window frame looks amazing! If you ever head south of Port Royale, I'm as far South and West as you can get on Lanier. Even further west than Habersham.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Park Marine did the 10hr service on my SX last Fall. The service dept guys are friendly and appear competent. Plus they are the only show in town so not a whole lot of choice there. I will be doing all my own maintenance from now on (unless something needs doing that is beyond my limited skills). Honestly, I would haul the boat to Weedowie for major work.
I don't "do" poor customer service therefore I won't support a company that displays a weak service ethic. The sales guys at Park Marine are arrogant because they are the only area dealer and they know it. If I treated people the way they do I would be fired.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yup, all excellent points. Cannot disagree. When your points are considered, it simply makes Wedowee Marine simply stand out that much further !

What's so interesting is that Wedowee Marine PROVES you can be First Class, Be The Best, And yet still be respected by ALL of your customers for fair treatment, fair pricing, and with a Family attitude.

Sometimes it takes a little extra work or extra drive (like back to Alabama) to get First Class Service, Smiles and Workmanship. Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian -Lake Oconee, GA

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not to take away from Wedowee, but there are two authorizezed repair shops near Lanier. First is Port Royale, first class Marina, and nice ship store with a lot of parts (expensive though). The second was the dealer I used for my 10 hour service, Park Marine in Gainesville. The service manager was my oldest sons T-Ball coach, and a friend. Really good, and honest guy, won't screw you over.

Of course, there's enough of us here that for the right price (beer works really well) we can pitch in and help each other out... I'd be more than happy to help anyone with their first oil change, or any other work they need to do. I'm far from an expert, but I've installed my GPS/Fishfinder, done an oil change and spark plugs, and a lot of other misc maintenance.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it was between IS75 and the railroad bridge if I remember correctly. . . . There was a lot of Alcohol involved that day to ease the pain of the busted ankle and the depression of not being able to wake surf. . . . = )