• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW Thrust Vector Test Footage

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone use the new thrust vectors with the wakebooster? Any reduction with splash up while surfing?

Supercal27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone use the new thrust vectors with the wakebooster? Any reduction with splash up while surfing?
I used the new thrust vectors with the wakebooster yesterday on my AR250. To be honest, I think the thrust vectors compromise the surf wake. At least that was my experience in comparing how the surf wake was prior to putting the new thrust vectors on. I’ll personally be removing the them. Don’t think the little bit of steering improvement I experienced outweighs the impact to the surf wake. There’s also lots of spray with them. Also, we experienced some rooster tailing as well at low speeds (without wakebooster on). Just kind of a messy overall experience and disappointed with them.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used the new thrust vectors with the wakebooster yesterday on my AR250. To be honest, I think the thrust vectors compromise the surf wake. At least that was my experience in comparing how the surf wake was prior to putting the new thrust vectors on. I’ll personally be removing the them. Don’t think the little bit of steering improvement I experienced outweighs the impact to the surf wake. There’s also lots of spray with them. Also, we experienced some rooster tailing as well at low speeds (without wakebooster on). Just kind of a messy overall experience and disappointed with them.
Which version of Thrust Vector do you have?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The very latest 2021 version, just bought it a couple weeks ago
AH, ok. We've not tested with Yamaha's new booster yet. Glad to hear the feedback. We'll keep an eye on other feedback as it comes in.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Appreciate the early read and your willingness to share. We have the thruster x and with booster the wave is really good, not messy, but a bit of splash more than I'd prefer (usually right in my eye).

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone else using the new Thrust Vectors and a wakebooster yet and have feedback on the splash up you get while surfing from the jet convergence? I'm 6' 3 and still get splashed in the eye's while surfing and not sure if it's just the jet convergence or driven from the Thrust Vector X deflection of water.

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Anyone else using the new Thrust Vectors and a wakebooster yet and have feedback on the splash up you get while surfing from the jet convergence? I'm 6' 3 and still get splashed in the eye's while surfing and not sure if it's just the jet convergence or driven from the Thrust Vector X deflection of water.
We've only tried surfing once behind our new 255XD and we noticed the random spray up in the eye as well. We only were using the stock balast and pre-installed wake booster and wondered if we purchased and added the new Thrust Vectors if that would help eliminate that convergence of water in the middle of the wake that tends to splash up? Also, we had tubers behind the boat for the first time this past weekend and the spray was really belting them every time the crossed or got in the middle of the wake. We didn't have it quite as bad on our 08' AR210 -- guessing the extra HP and surf pointe are making the wake/spray bigger -- so my wife and kids aren't really happy about that on the new boat and wondering what can be done to help lessen the spray/jet wash? (other than getting a longer rope/extension)?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We've only tried surfing once behind our new 255XD and we noticed the random spray up in the eye as well. We only were using the stock balast and pre-installed wake booster and wondered if we purchased and added the new Thrust Vectors if that would help eliminate that convergence of water in the middle of the wake that tends to splash up? Also, we had tubers behind the boat for the first time this past weekend and the spray was really belting them every time the crossed or got in the middle of the wake. We didn't have it quite as bad on our 08' AR210 -- guessing the extra HP and surf pointe are making the wake/spray bigger -- so my wife and kids aren't really happy about that on the new boat and wondering what can be done to help lessen the spray/jet wash? (other than getting a longer rope/extension)?
The jetwash deflector is rumored to help reduce spray for tubers but we're not really marketing that benefit yet. Not until we get a real consensus from several more users that it is indeed doing that.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Thrust Vector X should not really cause a spray in the eyes at surf speeds but could definitely throw some spray on the feet.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the responses. We've only ever surfed with vectors and the booster, so don't have a good control and the way these waves are made given the jet wash definitely doesn't make it easy to see what creates the spray. Heck I'm amazed we can even clean up a wave face enough to surf frankly, which is awesome.

So anyone else out there using the booster and no thrusters or cobra's still get eye spray?

In regards to knocking down the tube spray, would love a solution there as well. My kids have become very adapt at putting their heads down and I at keeping them off to the side of the wake. Considering a second rope extension at this point.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the responses. We've only ever surfed with vectors and the booster, so don't have a good control and the way these waves are made given the jet wash definitely doesn't make it easy to see what creates the spray. Heck I'm amazed we can even clean up a wave face enough to surf frankly, which is awesome.

So anyone else out there using the booster and no thrusters or cobra's still get eye spray?

In regards to knocking down the tube spray, would love a solution there as well. My kids have become very adapt at putting their heads down and I at keeping them off to the side of the wake. Considering a second rope extension at this point.
Yes I have surfed a 2019 242X will no fins and the wakebooster still spit water into my eyes while surfing. It's the wakebooster causing it and nothing will.correct that.

We also added extra line to our tube plus we pull from the tower no judgement needed. The rope in the water is what is splashing their faces the most. We used the booster ball and hated it.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
try this inflate the tube so it is hard and your hand bounces off then use a 75 foot rope with your stock steering the boat won't move as nimble as you would like it to you really need full time steering enhancement to get the boat to turn quickly at plaining speeds but give the longer rope and the hard tube a try I tow 5 people in 2 tubes with an 80 foot rope just to show it is not a problem and I do that with a 3 seat tube tied to a 2 seat tube while I tow them with a Yamaha p w c standing on the seat with my hands in the air just because my steering allows me to , Also the deluxe versions of my steering for your boat have plaining surfaces to clean the wake behind the boat for water sport activities as well as get a quicker hole shot and a smoother ride in chop.
or while driving with my feet

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes I have surfed a 2019 242X will no fins and the wakebooster still spit water into my eyes while surfing. It's the wakebooster causing it and nothing will.correct that.

We also added extra line to our tube plus we pull from the tower no judgement needed. The rope in the water is what is splashing their faces the most. We used the booster ball and hated it.
Perfect, just the response I needed. Thank you.

Haven't tried a booster ball, what didn't you like about it?

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Perfect, just the response I needed. Thank you.

Haven't tried a booster ball, what didn't you like about it?
Sometimes the force of the water would start to pull it under and it was fully inflated. Think over time it ruined it. We just abandoned it. Now we just hook to the tower and make sure we use our high pressure pump to get the tube tight.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wakeboosters spit water for sure - work on weighing the boat down enough to create a longer wave so you can get further back, and it's a non issue.