• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vector question for a 2021 SX/AR190

dvrice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will apologize in advance if this question is too simple or been answered before. I did look through many thrust vector posts for answers before making this post.

I am a new owner of 2021 SX190. I have read many comments that the thrust vectors make a night and day different on low speed maneuverability. I know I should drive it first myself to see if I feel like I need them.

I have two questions:

1) Do most feel adding thrust vectors for a 2021 SX190 a worthwhile or almost needed upgrade?

2) I see that there have been a few iterations as improvements were made to the thrust vectors. I can purchase a set of Thrust Vector XV for $99 on clearance or a set of Thrust vector L for $249. Is there that big of a difference and would the XV still be good for my 2021 SX190? From my reading it appears the L may just knock down some spray complaints caused with the XV?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the help!

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
having had both i would go with cobras specially for the single engine boat, it will also help in high speed stability, the vectors work only at low speed at certain speed they are raised out of the way, theu cobras will stay down, both great products none the less once get more advertising that the other, just like uber and lyft once a great product is invented others will follow same idea deafferent approaches,,, just my take.
Go out a few times and ride your boat get a feel for it first.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
having had both i would go with cobras specially for the single engine boat, it will also help in high speed stability, the vectors work only at low speed at certain speed they are raised out of the way, theu cobras will stay down, both great products none the less once get more advertising that the other, just like uber and lyft once a great product is invented others will follow same idea deafferent approaches,,, just my take.
Go out a few times and ride your boat get a feel for it first.
Here is a video provided by a very happy customer trying out his super ultimate ak-19 deluxe for the first time on his 2022 195s Yamaha jet boat and his... | By Cobra jet steering | Facebook

Last edited:

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also having had both, I vote for the Cobras. I tried the TVs first but noticed very little improvement, a little at very low speed but nothing at high speed due to their design. The Cobras on the other hand are always engaged and help tremendously when turning at high speed, the rear end no longer slips and the boat tracks great through turns. It also helps self center the boat after a turn.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have driven boats with both and I have Cobra's on my boat and prefer them for a multitude of reasons. Especially better control when I am going faster than no wake up to WOT.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So for the jet boat class of 2023, here is the breakdown, nothing is more important than having the most control available over your boat at all speeds and in all conditions , not just for convenience at the dock but for the safety of your family and friends. As well as everyone's enjoyment on the water.
This is not a comparison of Ford & Chevy this is a comparison of features and benefits as well as convenience and getting the most features and benefits available for you and your guest operators as well as the people in your boat and around it!
There is a lot more to fix than just slow speed steering, bow wander at high speed and slow speed plus speed bleed-off in turns and loss of complete control in turns when you slow down rapidly, being able to tack waves if you get caught in bad weather and having control during water sport activities.
It's what you don't know yet that sneaks up on you and you learn the hard way, so give yourself all the tools you can to handle the situations and avoid a serious problem.
So as I always say do your research.
And understand my steering often offers several levels and upgrades plus extra features like the second tie rod and more. I have been doing this for 22 years, it's my specialty .
Below is a picture of one of my most popular systems for the twin engine articulating keel Yamaha jet boats ,note the marks at the bottom of both fins and the rudder so you can see how I keep my super fins up away from the ground yet have the system provide you with exceptional steering control that works at all speeds. Plus you get to set the level to your preference. I also offer spring loaded versions but in most cases it is not needed due to the way I designed the system. The second picture is a boat with that system that was broken loose from it's mooring during last years hurricane. And another involved in a tornado .
Remember the most important thing from boating is the memories you make with your family and friends so do all you can to avoid making anything but good ones. The last 2 are one of my grand daughters from many years ago now she is in nursing school. the last one she was imitating me driving a ski with my feet , Time flies.
1680617212729.png1680617575585.jpeg1680617694260.jpeg1680617918410.jpeg1680617990358.jpeg