• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New tongue jack

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It sais no drilling or welding. Its made of aluminum.
It bolts to the center bolt. You must have to remove the original pivot portion from the original jack.
Not sure how stable it would be

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Check this out, from the harbor freight tongue jack manual

"The Jack will fit a 3"-5" high tongue. Position the Mounting Plate horizontally for a 3" to 4" tall location or vertically for a 4" to 5" location"

It seems you can rotate that plate for larger frames, I guess like my picture?

I feel like the way I mounted the jack doesn't look safe with the full weight on it, maybe I am over thinking this and its fine?

Fulton never called back, I'll try again...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It sais no drilling or welding. Its made of aluminum.
It bolts to the center bolt. You must have to remove the original pivot portion from the original jack.
Not sure how stable it would be
Nice, I wish this was available when I installed the f2 on my current trailer. I can't use it now since I already cut that bolt off so I could mount the f2 in the same place as the stock trailer jack was.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check this out, from the harbor freight tongue jack manual

"The Jack will fit a 3"-5" high tongue. Position the Mounting Plate horizontally for a 3" to 4" tall location or vertically for a 4" to 5" location"

It seems you can rotate that plate for larger frames, I guess like my picture?

I feel like the way I mounted the jack doesn't look safe with the full weight on it, maybe I am over thinking this and its fine?

Fulton never called back, I'll try again...
You can rotate the mount attached to the jack 360 degrees. I think there are four holes for the locking pin. If I am following this thread correctly, you just need to remove the trailer jack so you may rotate the mount 90 degrees before installing it so the mounting holes are veritical. Use the mounting holes closest to the trailer frame and it will be a real tight fit.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I asked Fulton tech support to view this thread and take a look at how I mounted the jack. They said I had it mounted correctly for a 5" frame BUT I should turn those brackets so the nuts fit inside instead of how I have it.

I thought it looked odd, but if Fulton says this thing is rated for 1500 lbs I'm going to keep it installed the way I have it (just spin those brackets). I haven't had the boat on the trailer since the install but I will soon.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ya know what i would do is get a piece of galvanized steel plate or aluminium and drill the 4 mounting holes and put it in between the jack side and the frame. Problem solved

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Funky funky but when in doubt I go with take the manufacturers guidance. Still, I think @Neutron 's idea is a good one.