• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

new trailer

Kross

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
have a painted trailer. After 2 years of salt water use, it's time for a new one. Honestly can't believe it has lasted this long. I don't know much about trailers with our jetboat. I'm guessing Aluminum instead of galvanized steel. These are a few craigslist links I'm looking at. Is there anything special/different I need due to it being a jetboat? Magic Tilt seems to be a big brand on craigslist

My boat: 2011 240sx

main link to my craigslist search:
https://tampa.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=aluminum boat trailer&minAsk=2500&maxAsk=4000&sort=rel&hasPic=1

Trailer #1: https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/bod/4670647537.html
Trailer #2: https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/bod/4652484063.html
Trailer #3: https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/bod/4648798301.html
Trailer #4: https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/boa/4674991979.html

any feedback much appreciated. Thanks guys.

- Kross

I think any of those trailers will work just fine.
Take your current trailer there and let them measure the bunks and the bunk spacing.

This one looks good to me. It is already set up very close to the way that my factory trailer is set up, and I really like the aluminum bunks. I am looking for a trailer as well... I am faced with repairing my galvanized trailer to the tune about $1000, or putting that money into an aluminum trailer that will last well beyond and repairs that I do to mine. I may just have to give these guys a call.

I Love my Hi Tech Marine aluminum trailer but it was pricey. The only issue I had was with the Zinc plated kodiak brakes......they only lasted 3 years. I upgraded them to Kodiak all stainless steel and they should last a LONG time now. Other than the brakes, it's been really good. I do have one tire that wears a little harder than the other 4...I need to check the axle spacing. We take it on a long road trip every summer and were using it every weekend for the first 3 years before we got the slip. Still looks awesome.

They build them right here in Panama City..I paid about 3500.00. If I had to do it again, I would probably go with brakes on one axle and get the all stainless ones and it probably would be a wash in the price.

I gave them the measurements of the boat and they built it before I even picked up the boat. It fit perfect the first time.

OH, I almost forgot, I did put on LED lights on it after this it's 5th season, one leaked and rusted the contacts inside.

3.jpg

1.jpg

@Big Shasta I see a ton of those trailers down here, they have been on my short list as well...

Oh and while we are at it... anyone need a project trailer? 20o8 MFI galvanized, needs springs, axles, brakes, and four tires. $3500 OBO... :D

@Big Shasta I see a ton of those trailers down here, they have been on my short list as well...

Oh and while we are at it... anyone need a project trailer? 20o8 MFI galvanized, needs springs, axles, brakes, and four tires. $3500 OBO... :D

Seems legit! LOL

Seems like you might be able to get a deal on #4.

If I upgrade to an aluminum trailer I will likely get one that is capable of handling 23 to 25 foot boats to allow for keeping the trailer after I upgrade to a larger boat.

These are the guys my family has always used, and I will use probably next year for my boat. My grandfather has one on his 26ft 1975 North American that he purchased around 2000, and it still looks great.
http://www.floaton.com/

1381088519.jpg

Wow @ScarabMike that is a nice looking trailer. I can see why your family would keep going back to that brand.

wow thanks for all the input. I'm calling a few today and will ask again before I make final purchase.

It sounds like I need the bunks to be exactly like they are on my existing trailer. That is what I will tell the trailer sellers.

Ok, Im officially looking for a tandem trailer. Going to trade in or sell the oem Scarab one. I need a tandem for long hauls.

Ok, Im officially looking for a tandem trailer. Going to trade in or sell the oem Scarab one. I need a tandem for long hauls.

Why? I towed my LX210 on a 900 mile trip without any problem on its single axle trailer. The single axle trailer was much easier to move around in the garage. It also was easier to back into tight spaces since it turned without dragging the front tires.

How would you benefit from having a second axle?

Have you considered adding a second axle to your current trailer? You would have to get the positioning right for the load to be balanced. It would involve installing new hangers, relocating the current axle then adding equalizers and a second axle with suspension. Then you would have twice the axle load capacity that is needed for your boat.

Peterson trailers. Done.

@Bruce Im going to look at getting a second axle, but rather have torsion bars rather than springs. I just like the aluminum trailers for the longevity, and the tandem stability while towing.

22'-24' 6k torsion (1).jpg 22'-24' 6k torsion (2).jpg 22'-24' 6k torsion (3).jpg 22'-24' 6k torsion.jpg Ok, just got off the phone with Platinum trailers out of Ocala. With my trade in, (which isn't much) my new trailer will be about 3k. Here are the specs...

20'-22' 6000# tandem with the following options and features:
*5050# capacity
*v torsion axles
*aluminum v cross members
*aluminum I beam frame
*10" Kodiak disc surge brakes 2 axles
*led lights
*14" radial tires
*aluminum guide poles with pvc covers
*stainless steel hardware
*center bunks
*guide poles
*H/D Step able Diamond plate fenders
*aluminum I beam construction
*front center bunks
*step hull capability
*5 Year Axle & Hub Warranty
*lifetime frame warranty

Here are the pictures:

@ScarabMike, that looks like a nice trailer. I believe you are upsizing for the possibility of a future boat upgrade. I suspect it would not cost too much more to upgrade to a trailer for a 24' boat. I also suspect that you may end up with a 24 footer someday. But I am uncertain how your current 195 would fit on such a trailer.

@Bruce If I ever upgrade to the Chap/Yami/Scarab 24-25ft they already have tandem trailers stock, and will be ok to tow. My problem is my tow vehicle, and the Scarab trailer.

The Tacoma can pull my buddy's 26ft Sea Ray awesome, but has a hard time with the mine at times when in crosswinds, and when going over bridges. The reason is the Scarab's trailer is centered on the boat, and any deviation will have to be compensated through moving the ball/hitch up or down. Well that's all well if you have a 8-9k lbs truck, and can use it as a counterweight. 10% of your load's weight has to be on the hitch, and in smaller tow vehicles its difficult because you loose clearance on the tongue to the road surface.

The Scarab's trailer cannot be adjusted without hacking into all the connecting points. For example....

Fender welded to frame that's welded to guide bunks.
Spring mounts welded to frame
Bunk supports welded to frame.

Now this makes a really sturdy trailer, but absolutely no adjustment possible. Also with the large wheel/tire and bunk height, the boat sits very high, and makes you have to dip it farther in the water.

All of these issues are being addressed with this trailer, and since it is custom to my boat, the trailer will be perfectly tailored to it. And it may last longer than the boat,lol.

Last edited:
The bigger boats have tandem trailers but they are not nearly as nice as what you are buying.

Back