• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

new trailer

One word of caution. My custom aluminum trailer also came with Kodiak "Coated" brakes. They were garbage within 3 years. The pads are steel backed and the rotors are steel. The calipers looked ok but the pad backs were so rusty, everything was locking up. I rinsed as well as I could after every outing. The problem is that when you get the boat back home and on the trailer, It's hard to get to the backside to rinse everything. Not to mention, the salt sat on everything all day at the boat launch while I was out having fun. I ended up paying about 700.00 per axle to replace the calipers, rotors, and pads with all stainless steel version. That was doing it myself buying the kit off etrailer. If you do go with the non stainless Kodiak setup at the very least, get SS backed pads.

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Brakes/Kodiak/K2R35S.html And you would need to add the SS backed pads to this. Trust me, you'll be spending it now or in 2 years with salt water use.

Thanks for the tip @Big Shasta! How does your rig tow now with the aluminum trailer?

Thanks for the tip @Big Shasta! How does your rig tow now with the aluminum trailer?
It's awesome, Love the trailer. The brakes have been my only issue in 5 years. It Looks almost exactly like the one you posted. Same bunk layout even. The only other thing I can think of is have them add a place for transom straps. I have to use a cargo strap wrapped around the rail. I would have expected loops to hook into.

Also, Ask them if the hubs are EZ-lube spindles. I think most of them are. It's really cool how you can completely replace the grease by pushing the old out with new. I do that pretty regularly. Just remember, you don't want to use any kind of bearing buddy on this type of system. Grease is cheap, keep them full of fresh stuff and the bearings will last a LONG time.

image62401.jpg

I just called, and they are the Cadmium coated brakes. They have a 3 year unlimited warranty. The upgrade to stainless was crazy. I have a corporate account with a distributor with my employer. I can get them cheap. I had them go ahead and add the brakes to the second axle anyway, so Ill be ok. I rarely go to the ocean anymore. The St.John river is big enough that I have yet to explore it all.

I just called, and they are the Cadmium coated brakes. They have a 3 year unlimited warranty. The upgrade to stainless was crazy. I have a corporate account with a distributor with my employer. I can get them cheap. I had them go ahead and add the brakes to the second axle anyway, so Ill be ok. I rarely go to the ocean anymore. The St.John river is big enough that I have yet to explore it all.
Yeah, if you're mostly fresh water, you'll be fine.

I just called Sport Trail about an aluminum trailer.. $4500 ouch..

The company that built mine is right here in Panama City. It was 3500.00 but I dropped another 1500 on brakes in the first 3 years...that sucked.

http://www.aluminumboattrailer.com/

Ok guys, here is an update on the trailer situation.

7 companies operate out of a company called Nextrail. Beware of some shady stuff happening between their salesmen. I cancelled my order until I do some more research. In my situation, I was going to be basically giving my trailer away. No bueno.

Here is how you can tell who these guys are. They all "build" from Ocala.

I believe you will get a much better price for your current trailer if you sell it yourself.

Back