• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New transducer

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just replaced the transducer in my ‘16 242 Limited S because it wasn’t reading depth (water temp still worked and no alarms).

Replaced with the Yamaha specific model and haven’t had a chance to launch the boat yet - however the depth is still flashing 0 when boat is on trailer.

Does the transducer only show depth if in water or did I waste several hundred dollars on a new transducer and have a different problem? It has been out since September last year so been a while and can’t recall if it ever worked when trailered.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They need to be in water to work launch it and post your results

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you… I was hoping that is the case. I won’t be able to get it to the water until next week so this is helpful to know. Will update though

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hiw difficult was it to replace and exactly where is it located

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not too bad… I removed the clean out tray for easier access and then removed the hose leading to top of water box. I just loosened the clamp on the motor side if the water box to slightly move it over then could see the transducer directly below. Total probably about an hour including reassembly.

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Update - upon launching boat, depth finder started working right away.