• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Viper N K info

boatandgolf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Installed my Viper and fangs this weekend. Didn't get a long test ride due to weather, but definitely a noticeable difference. I had early version TVs, steering is noticeably tighter and holds line much better. Looking forward to getting more time on them.

My boat is wet slipped so I just pulled it up on the ramp and did it there. Took me about thirty minutes to do the swap, would have been less if I had done some prep work, I didn't have all my tools and parts laid out ahead of time.

One scary moment, I didn't check the throttle after redoing the reverse gate when I removed the TVs. I overtightened the bolts and the throttle stuck. My buddy pushed me off the trailer and I thought for a minute I was screwed when the throttle didn't move. I pushed a little harder and was able to make a quick circle, get it back on the trailer, and fix the throttle.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you for the report on the viper . I would strongly suggest that you be sure that you replaced the small stainless standoffs in your reverse gates when you removed the plastic fins as those were removed when the other steering was installed and the original standoffs MUST be reinstalled so your reverse moves like it is supposed to , I believe this is the issue with your locked control the reverse was stuck from lack of the stand off. The part number on those is 90387-08m30-00 upload_2018-5-29_10-25-41.png

boatandgolf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you for the report on the viper . I would strongly suggest that you be sure that you replaced the small stainless standoffs in your reverse gates when you removed the plastic fins as those were removed when the other steering was installed and the original standoffs MUST be reinstalled so your reverse moves like it is supposed to , I believe this is the issue with your locked control the reverse was stuck from lack of the stand off. The part number on those is 90387-08m30-00 View attachment 75404
I did replace those and the original bolts per your suggestion when I ordered. I just cranked down too hard. I backed them off a turn or two and the throttle resumed normal motion.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ok just be sure that they gave you the correct standoffs the aluminum reverse gate uses a slightly shorter one than the plastic gates and the short ones will bind up the plastic reverse bucket check the part numbers because the aluminum bucket part number is 90387-08m08-00 and the plastic one you needed is
90387-08m30-00 The reason I say this is the correct one will never bind up the reverse no matter how tight you have it where the short one will.

boatandgolf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like I may have the wrong ones. I just ordered the other part number.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is why it hung up It's not wide enough