• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

NEW YAMAHA ENTRY-LEVEL PWC ... The "V1" - Test Video !

What "SHOULD BE" ........... and the reality of "WHAT IS" ....
are TWO (2) totally different things.
Never to be compared or confused.

The ENTRY-LEVEL PWC market is ALL PRICE BASED.

Whether anyone likes that, or agrees with it, or whatever.

The BEST news is that it a windy Thanksgiving and our turkey is simply smoking along wonderfully @!
Hey @! Let's all just enjoy a Great Thanksgiving weekend !
Take Care, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

c0507bcfbf9f1343f74def60f2ce0f7f.jpg

I'm an out the door total cost buyer. Not to say that I always go with the lowest price, a lot of times I end up with the highest cost item not because I'm spending freely but because that is what the item with the features I want costs.
The bottom line spark has an msrp of $5k the top is $7k,

I'm an out the door total cost buyer. Not to say that I always go with the lowest price, a lot of times I end up with the highest cost item not because I'm spending freely but because that is what the item with the features I want costs.

The bottom line spark has an msrp of $5k and the top of the line spark is $6,800. Compare this to the entry VX1 an vx1 sport prices of $7,700 and $8,500. With price deltas of $2,700 (over 50% more) at the low end and $1,700 at the high end, I'm not seeing a lot of difference in features in the the top end skis but the difference in price cannot be denied. It's a little easier to take on the low end since you get room for a third rider on the yamaha.

in my situation (with 2 fx ho 3 seaters already) if I buy a new / used ski anytime soon it will be a spark, preferably a 2 seater with 90hp. If I wanted another 3 Seater I'd go with a used yamaha fx for the proven reliability.

I spoke to my long time pwc mechanic/shop owner today about the spark. His thoughts were that so far they have been very reliable but not very durable. A lot are showing up at auctions with large holes and / or cracks in their hulls. He went on to tell me that if I bought one and cracked or punctured the plastic hull he wouldn't be able to repair it like he could a standard fiberglass hull. Still it's a good ski if you are not too hard on it, especially while beaching or trailering it. That stated, it's now off of my list of potential pwc purchases. I'm hard on my skis so I have to buy tough ones.

like I said on Nov 29 in this thread, the hulls are NOT repairable, plus the lack of access to the engines etc this is just another attempt at selling people a price rather than a product. Look closely at what you are getting for the price and go from there. A damaged hull requires you to purchase a new hull section and change everything out .
Although I have never been a big fan of Yamahas nano hulls, I have had several issues with them breaking, but they can be fixed with special epoxy and special fiberglass material without the talcum powder in it. Been there done that so no big deal. I still like the Yamaha entry level ski over a plastic sea doo. If you have ever been out on a ski and popped a hole in the hull you will understand why a strong hull is good peace of mind. I have had several occasions where a hull was breeched one time on a Kawasaki 750ss I hit a piece of wood in the water and sunk so fast I didn't have any idea what happened. While I was in the water I reached up in front of the hull and found a hole so large that I could put my hand inside the hull and feel the fuel tank, That ski sunk instantly.
I fixed it in a few days and had it back on the water with no issues.

Back