• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Newbie's Comparison of Yamaha vs Bayliner OB

Go as big as your budget will allow. Plus I would think that the water would get a little choppy in that river, the bigger the boat the smoother the ride. 2 engines allow for a little piece of mind, I have had one fail but never both!

Hi @pres2028, there are definitely some shallow spots up there. There are some deep ones too, you just have to stay in the center of the river. Very narrow up there obviously so that’s not always super easy to do. I like it up there where the water is fresher, cooler, and no jellyfish like there is further south after late June or early July. My family doesn’t like it being so narrow and no beach so we usually head further south to Sheridan’s Point. We launch at the public launch just south of the Benedict Bridge. It can get very crowded on weekends and last year was just plain awful. The layout is terrible and people are inconsiderate where they park and make a mess of things. Unfortunately, that’s the best option for me in Calvert unless we head down to Len’s Marine in Broome’s Island (not much space there) or all way to the public launch in Solomon’s, which is also very busy on weekends but much better laid out. Also down there your boat can feel pretty small, especially if you venture into the Bay but there is tons to see.

Weeknights are great in the public launch south of the Benedict Bridge in Prince Frederick though so definitely try it out sometimes.
Really helpful - thank you! (And sorry for the delay, haven't logged into the forum in a while). My son and I actually used to fish from the pier at the old Benedict Marina, right across the river from the launch you mentioned. I'm going to try that launch out.
I ended up signing up for in-and-out service at Harbour Cove Marina in Deale. Have launched twice and I like it so far. The only problem is that the creek right in front of the launch is nice and easy, but it feeds into the Bay and the chop there is quite an adjustment. I'm probably going to end up trailering to the Patuxent fairly often.

Back