• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Newbie's Comparison of Yamaha vs Bayliner OB

and if you find a Demo model, even more money off!!!! things to consider...

Welcome and congratulations on the new boat. The slow speed maneuvering will come as you fine tune your piloting skills. Others mentioned that there are several manufacturers of fins that can be added to help. When I bought my first jet boat (20 footer) 6 years ago Tom in OC MD encouraged me to learn to drive the boat without them. Now I’m on jet boat #2 a 2016 24footer and still proudly fin-less. Give it a try with out first you can always add them later.

Joe in OC MD

Buy used, let someone else take the hit on the depreciation and put the money into upgrades.

"This 62 year old sailor"...we don't get old, just a little dinghy. ;) We bought our 07 AR230 3 years ago and love it. Very low maintenance, as compared to our Sailboat. Sure it is louder than the sailboat, but it goes a lot faster. Do you still sail? Or are you done heeling. Welcome to the Best Forum for everything jetboat and more. Remember, buy your second jetboat first. Nice write up. Mods/Add ons like steering fins and trim tabs will make a huge difference.
I also agree on the Buy your 2nd boat the first time. I was looking at a 21' and ended up getting an AR240. More room for when/if I need it

OK, I'm sold - I'm going for the AR210

Congrats! Great decision!

(forum tip for you, when you mention a person on the forum, use the @ symbol in front of their name, and a drop down will appear where you can choose their name from a list of members. When you do this, it gives them an alert that you mentioned them and they can quickly find your callout. Like @Evil Sports way to go!

My buddy is on White Marsh creek on the Rhode River in Mayo. I’ve been out there quite a few times it can get a bit choppy out in the open parts plus all the wakes from the bigger boats so go as big as you can afford the first time. The tower is great because it gives you something sturdy to grab at the dock as well as other things like rod holders. I’m older myself and went with the Yamaha instead of an outboard because it’s easy to climb up the ladder and plop your a$$ on the deck plus I had owned a few other Yamaha products that were great. Check out Stan and Joe’s restaurant they had good food when the were inland and they bought a place on the water a year or so ago.

Can anyone put a number on the end of season discounts? As I mentioned, the salesman offered $1500 off without prompting - so I'm hoping he'll do that plus throw in a mooring cover - maybe that's optimistic, but I assume somehow I'll end up at least $2000 off. What kind of number could I expect in late August?

As I said, I have a lonely boat lift looking for a boat, family coming to visit a few times this summer, and I imagine I'm taking a chance on what the dealer has leftover at the end of the season. Also, I'm 62, so I'm maybe throwing away 10% of my boating lifetime by writing off the summer of 2019 (I don't mean to start a new tangent regarding that comment!!!). So unless it's potentially a really big bucks discount, I don't expect I'll wait. Also, no matter what you people do, I'm not going bigger or more powerful than an AR210! ?

Can anyone put a number on the end of season discounts? As I mentioned, the salesman offered $1500 off without prompting - so I'm hoping he'll do that plus throw in a mooring cover - maybe that's optimistic, but I assume somehow I'll end up at least $2000 off. What kind of number could I expect in late August?

As I said, I have a lonely boat lift looking for a boat, family coming to visit a few times this summer, and I imagine I'm taking a chance on what the dealer has leftover at the end of the season. Also, I'm 62, so I'm maybe throwing away 10% of my boating lifetime by writing off the summer of 2019 (I don't mean to start a new tangent regarding that comment!!!). So unless it's potentially a really big bucks discount, I don't expect I'll wait. Also, no matter what you people do, I'm not going bigger or more powerful than an AR210! ?
How much is the enjoyment of the boat you'd have this season worth? I see like new, one season old, barely past break-in boats pop up on the various Yamaha/jetboaters FB page all the time you could consider. But, even at 36 years old, I'd buy the boat I really wanted new if I had the means and it meant enjoying it a season longer.

Don't forget to live.

Sounds like you're already saving money. I sure you'll save a little more by pushing. I wouldn't wait till the end of the summer. Get the best deal you can and get that damn boat and start making memories (now). Time is too precious. Done (mic hits the floor)!

Well, I may as well chime in and cost you some more money lol... Go with a 212 for the twin 1.8s. To handle the chop, get some Lectrotab trim tabs. Just search the forum for all the info you need on them.

If you’re curious about end of season deals, I got about $5,000 off my 2018 by buying it after Labor Day last year. They stored it for me all winter.

This forum will always talk you into the bigger boat. :cool:

They did for me too about five years ago. I am glad I listened though, lots and lots of good advice here.

What river are you on?

It really depends on the dealer as far as discounts. I got 3k off + premium mooring cover(I asked for this at purchase, and they denied. Somehow one was under the seats when we got home) when I bought my ar210 in July 2016. Some will not come off of sticker, it sounds like they negotiate if they offered 1500. Just make sure they include in the price the doc and fees(delivery and prep).

It really depends on the dealer as far as discounts. I got 3k off + premium mooring cover(I asked for this at purchase, and they denied. Somehow one was under the seats when we got home) when I bought my ar210 in July 2016. Some will not come off of sticker, it sounds like they negotiate if they offered 1500. Just make sure they include in the price the doc and fees(delivery and prep).
That's a good point. Prices should always be quoted as OTD (Out The Door)

This forum will always talk you into the bigger boat. :cool:

They did for me too about five years ago. I am glad I listened though, lots and lots of good advice here.

What river are you on?
I'm on the Bush River, just south of Aberdeen Proving Grounds (fireworks all year round!) Where are you?

You won't regret the dual engines! Came in a little off at the dock last weekend. Popped in reverse to stop fwd momentum and back up a smidge, split the throttles to spin me on its axis, then a little fwd push and ease up to the dock nice and smooth. Can't do that with a single motor.

Hey @captainhook - relatively new member here, and I live 10 mins from the Patuxent. You mind if I ask where you generally launch from? I just bought a 25 foot Yamaha and did my maiden voyage out of Patuxent River Park, actually with the dealer, he delivered it to me. I was surprised by how shallow Jug Bay was for boating, even relatively close to high tide (I've kayaked there a bunch but this was my first time in something with a motor). Was thinking about heading down the road a bit to Selby's Landing, seems a little deeper there. If you don't mind me asking, have you found other good spots on the Patuxent? Either for cruising with my family or very light fishing (white perch, spot, etc). Thank you!

Hey @captainhook - relatively new member here, and I live 10 mins from the Patuxent. You mind if I ask where you generally launch from? I just bought a 25 foot Yamaha and did my maiden voyage out of Patuxent River Park, actually with the dealer, he delivered it to me. I was surprised by how shallow Jug Bay was for boating, even relatively close to high tide (I've kayaked there a bunch but this was my first time in something with a motor). Was thinking about heading down the road a bit to Selby's Landing, seems a little deeper there. If you don't mind me asking, have you found other good spots on the Patuxent? Either for cruising with my family or very light fishing (white perch, spot, etc). Thank you!

Hi @pres2028, there are definitely some shallow spots up there. There are some deep ones too, you just have to stay in the center of the river. Very narrow up there obviously so that’s not always super easy to do. I like it up there where the water is fresher, cooler, and no jellyfish like there is further south after late June or early July. My family doesn’t like it being so narrow and no beach so we usually head further south to Sheridan’s Point. We launch at the public launch just south of the Benedict Bridge. It can get very crowded on weekends and last year was just plain awful. The layout is terrible and people are inconsiderate where they park and make a mess of things. Unfortunately, that’s the best option for me in Calvert unless we head down to Len’s Marine in Broome’s Island (not much space there) or all way to the public launch in Solomon’s, which is also very busy on weekends but much better laid out. Also down there your boat can feel pretty small, especially if you venture into the Bay but there is tons to see.

Weeknights are great in the public launch south of the Benedict Bridge in Prince Frederick though so definitely try it out sometimes.

Back