• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Newbie's Comparison of Yamaha vs Bayliner OB

If not wet slipping - I would definitely get a yammie over a bayliner, IMO.

No doubt the 210 is more spacious. 190 is spacious for a 19ft, 210 is spacious, period (for a bowrider). Not much smaller than the 240/242s really.

The TR-1 motors have been around in snowmobiles the longest but only relatively recently used in boats and only little longer in jetskis. I would think they are great, and the maintenance of two vs one is not a big deal, once you are done with the setup and tooling up and ready to do it - it takes minimally longer to do two.

There have been some weird cooling issues with the TR-1s but mostly related to algae/Sargasso prone areas.

--

In addition to what others have said here, I will chime in with a comment about having twin engines. Here’s a scenario for you, you’re pulling up to a dock (fuel/restaurant/ramp/whatever) and you are waiting for someone else to leave. There’s a breeze or current, you can hold your position by splitting the throttles in addition to maintaining heading, so you never have to really perform the “ go around”. Second scenario, we were out on the lake and a rainstorm popped up. I was able to pull anchor and maintain position and heading while others were being blown around at anchor, taking full advantage of the protection from the t-top (or Bimini in your case). Trust me, I don’t ever see myself going back to having a single engine.

I thought this forum was supposed to help me save money on boating. Now, my first post has cost me $12,000! ;)

OK, I'm sold - I'm going for the AR210 - I agree that a year from now I won't really miss the money, but I might regret the decision if I bought the smaller boat. Thanks for all the advice and opinions - I'll probably be back shortly in a separate post with a few questions about accessories, instruments, fins, etc... I'm trying to wade through all the advice already in the forum, but it's overwhelming for a newbie...

yayyyyy!!!

psss, have you seen the 24 footers? haha

I thought this forum was supposed to help me save money on boating. Now, my first post has cost me $12,000! ;)

OK, I'm sold - I'm going for the AR210 - I agree that a year from now I won't really miss the money, but I might regret the decision if I bought the smaller boat. Thanks for all the advice and opinions - I'll probably be back shortly in a separate post with a few questions about accessories, instruments, fins, etc... I'm trying to wade through all the advice already in the forum, but it's overwhelming for a newbie...

Bahahanajajananajahahahahahahahahahahaha! You thought this forum was to help you SAVE MONEY? Lolololol.... hahaa.... soooooo whew! That's a good one! ?

Just ask the questions that you need answers for regarding the boat. People love to help people spend money.

LOL, yes you will spend money, however you will not waste money. Big difference.

The 210 is a wise decision, especially considering the occasional 6 to 8 people you'll occasionally have on board.

Talk to me when you're ready for some watersports gear. I will save you money. ??

Ok heres the real kicker, When I was shopping my dealer had a 210 for like 29,000 and a 212 for 40k. He said I would not be happy with the power in the 210 so I ended up in the 212 with the twin 1.8s. Best move I made as power is never a problem. So reach in yer pocket a bit further and getthe right boat the first time

Wow - I see why your moniker is Evil Sports - truly wicked. Nope, I'm maxed out - Unless forum members would care to help out a poor soul and chip in another $15K or whatever the difference is for a 212 these days.

OK -I guess that is what I meant - spend my life savings wisely on my boat, instead of wasting it away on food, housing, daughter's wedding, old folks home, etc...

I went through the same choice when choosing the AR210 or the AR240, once I choose the AR240 we contemplated the 255G. Lots of decisions to be made, ultimately you have to choose what's in your budget and best for your needs. We are a family of 3, and my daughter is only 2-1/2. Ultimately opting for the 240 knowing we have friends, and once you buy a boat everyone wants to hang out a little more! :cool:

Wow - I see why your moniker is Evil Sports - truly wicked. Nope, I'm maxed out - Unless forum members would care to help out a poor soul and chip in another $15K or whatever the difference is for a 212 these days.

OK -I guess that is what I meant - spend my life savings wisely on my boat, instead of wasting it away on food, housing, daughter's wedding, old folks home, etc...
@Evil Sports may be wicked, lol, but he does make a good point.

Also - a lot depends on your timing, how much in a rush are you to pull the trigger. Now is the peak of sellers market in boats, both as farv as time of year and as far as economy.
If you can wait even just until after the Yamaha dealers' meeting at the end of August, when they get new inventory and try to get their numbers straight, you may not pay all that much more for a leftover SX or AR240...

Having had one for a third season now, family of 6 (and sometimes more, lol) we have now come to the conclusion that 240s are kind of the perfect size. Largest bow rider I'm comfortable to trailer on a moments notice, and big enough for extended range cruising.

Just putting it out there for ya.

--

You might as well bite the bullet and get the 24 footer!! :p

Heck of a first entrance to the group, @Tim in MD . And one of the best names we have around these parts.

I can't really add to what others have offered. Except for my additional welcome. You are in good hands but your checkbook may not be.

There is always the new 27 footer. But seriously, don't know your tow vehicle situation but that helped drive my decision. Getting a 19' allows me many tv options including a four door Wrangler. A 21' steps up to many of unibody 7 passenger SUVs A 24' requires a Durango and above . I have to pull through Kentucky and Tennessee so I pay close attention to the tow ratings.

Back