• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NMEA 2000 and the 1.8L

Josserman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is there not an analog tach signal? Couldn't you just convert it to nmea2k with something like this?

Here's my custom dash. I ditched the factory dash cap and panel entirely. Made the cap from 1/2" marine ply and hardboard for the curves, sealed it, and then had it upholstered. I built the cap for maximum dimensions of the panel, which let me just fit a Go7 with flush mount, and the additional rocker switches I needed. I'm thrilled with how it turned out, but I don't know if I'd do it again. I had never done anything like this before, and I bet I have 80-100 hours in this project.View attachment 96616View attachment 96617View attachment 96618
Yea was reading your build post earlier today, good inspiration! I think the gauges are doing a lot more then just reading analog signals. Seems there’s a master/slave setup on the gauges, and I have a feeling they are probably dealing with the same proprietary Yamaha language. That said, probably my easiest bet is to just move the rocker switches off the dash area, keep the stock gauges, and build a new dash like yours to free up space for a large screen.