• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NMEA COMM ERROR

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got this error yesterday. My water temp is not displaying, so I assume that is the problem. It was also reading 15 degrees high. Where do I start troubleshooting this? Loose wire connection in the dash or has the probe gone bad? I can live without the temp, but doesn't the depth come from the same place?

Attachments

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I get the exact same error message intermittently. I cracked the plastic case around my GPS antenna last year while washing the boat and it started happening right after that. I don't have any secondaries though; all my other digital readouts seem to be accurate.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got this error yesterday. My water temp is not displaying, so I assume that is the problem. It was also reading 15 degrees high. Where do I start troubleshooting this? Loose wire connection in the dash or has the probe gone bad? I can live without the temp, but doesn't the depth come from the same place?
Did you find a resolve to this problem? were you able to still operate boat with NMEA comm error code?

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I haven’t been able to duplicate this in about a month. When it was happening, it was just an indication. Boat ran just fine.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still having the issue. Its got to be the temp probe. Everything else works fine.