• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Communication Error

Cruiser13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all. I have a 2013 AR190. I had the no communication error show up on the tach last September and the rpm gauge would bounce all over the place. It didn't seem to affect the boat and I continued using it through October. The no communication error would start when I rev the boat past 4k rpms. Using no wake mode out of the marina and there is no error, but when I opened the throttle it would come on. I reset the tach, cleaned the battery connections, and bought a new battery. The last time I took the boat out in October it started shutting off and throwing alarm code. I took the boat to get weatherized in December and the shop said it needed a new tachometer since it wouldn't show RPM's above 3500 and it would stick. I put in a new tach and took it out today and the no communication error returned. However the boat didn't shut off and throw alarms today. Any suggestions? I don't want to replace the ECU if that doesn't solve the problem. It seems like a connection issue since it starts when the boat gets up in the rpms. I unplugged all the electrical plugs and reinstalled them.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Of the thread I've seen that mention this error on here https://jetboaters.net/threads/engine-communication-error.8906/#post-153064 it seems like you've tackled everything they did that fixed most peoples issue. There is one person on the other forum that had the same issue and he tried everything as well but he ended up having a bad ECM. Hopefully it's not your ECM but it seems like you've checked everything else.

staffman said:
staffman
Year: 2015
Make: Yamaha
Model: SX190

Post subject:
Re: Engine Communication Error on gauge???
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:59 pm
I am having the same engine comm error on my 2015 SX-190. I installed a new battery and started the engine. The code was still there. I am trickle charging the new battery and will check it again tomorrow. I hope this corrects the error. I also checked all of the gauge cluster connections and all were secure. I got up the next morning after trickle charging the brand new battery to full charge, started the boat and the error is still there? Guess I need to call the dealer. I took it to the dealership and he checked it with his computer. The computer could not connect to the boat computer. He said that indicates a bad Engine Control Module. He is going to order a new one. Thank God above for the extended warranty. I think that part is almost $1000.00 .

staffman
Year: 2015
Make: Yamaha
Model: SX190

Re: Engine Communication Error on gauge???
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:31 am
I finally got the new engine control module and it solved the problem !