• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No drama cooler thread!

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought this at Wally World... $22 bucks. Just the right size for a day on the lake and tucks right in the passenger storage compartment on the SX190.
cooler.jpeg

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here’s a link to the “Yamaha OEM Ice Box” on eBay for $100

And here’s the same “OEM Ice Box” for sale at the local grocery.

6E4B2F6F-FFB3-45BD-B184-7FBF4D56760B.jpeg

Yamaha must shop at the same Stores as I do :)

Heizen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I purchased the 48qt Igloo Marine. This is a good cooler. I'm probably gonna buy the 92 qt another day. I bought this chest to store and keep my fishing catch fresh after a day on the boat.
I chose this model because it does NOT have a liquid drainage faucet.

Last edited:

c.whitworth07@

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
We use the built-in bow cooler on our sx for day use. If camping & boating, my Rtic 65 goes to the camp site and stays. We just transfer food & beverages to the bow cooler for the day.

What do you mean by built in bow cooler?

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Won the door prize of a tan YETI Tundra 45 cooler at a company picnic a few years ago. It got me all excited as I'd have to win the lottery to have actually purchased that thing myself. It works very well for cabin trips and camping trips where it will be stationary for a bit and can be used as the main source for ice and what not. We've got a lighter-weight Igloo with wheels to hauling places like down a ramp to the boat.

c.whitworth07@

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Won the door prize of a tan YETI Tundra 45 cooler at a company picnic a few years ago. It got me all excited as I'd have to win the lottery to have actually purchased that thing myself. It works very well for cabin trips and camping trips where it will be stationary for a bit and can be used as the main source for ice and what not. We've got a lighter-weight Igloo with wheels to hauling places like down a ramp to the boat.
Got any pics of it?

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do you mean by built in bow cooler?
Some models depending on the year have a built in cooler under starboard bow seat. We used it last week to keep a cooler out of other storage areas. It's handy if you have a boat full of people and a lot of stuff.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some models depending on the year have a built in cooler under starboard bow seat. We used it last week to keep a cooler out of other storage areas. It's handy if you have a boat full of people and a lot of stuff.
That's where we keep the kids smaller water toys. How long did it keep ice?? Was it a PITA when people were sitting up there to get into it? We prefer to use the soft sided AO cooler and put it under the port seat. Keep the zippers toward you, slide it out, get whatcha want and slide it back in.
1654796534770.png

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's where we keep the kids smaller water toys. How long did it keep ice?? Was it a PITA when people were sitting up there to get into it? We prefer to use the soft sided AO cooler and put it under the port seat. Keep the zippers toward you, slide it out, get whatcha want and slide it back in.
View attachment 180066
We stuff shoes there. We usually keep the cooler in the head compartment

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 180066
Bought 2 of these they both fit perfectly under the Bench Seat on the boat with enough room left over for flip flops and such. Great Recommendation, thanks.