• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No thrust from the starboard engine

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The starboard engine on my 2011 AR210 does not thrust. ( Think that is correct) The engine runs when in the no wake mode however when I throttle forward the engines revs but does not produce power. I first thought that the clean out port may have popped (it has in the past) but that was not the case. It was seated properly as was the Port side. I pulled both and they were both clean other then for water. So looking for ideas as to what might be the cause. Thanks

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Zero thrust? No vibrations? If you put it in forward can you confirm some water shoots out the back? Generally the issue is some debris in the pump but with your description of absolutely no thrust I would confirm the pump and shaft are turning. There is a rubber dampener between the engine and the seal carrier that can give up totally and that can cause the pump to disconnect from the engine, but it is an uncommon problem.

Best of Luck!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe debris or some sort of bag caught on your intake grate preventing higher volume of water entering the jet?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to confirm,
You have normal thrust in fwd and reverse in no wake mode??
I'd test with only one engine running to compare/confirm

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will check to ensure I am getting thrust when in the no wake mode. I will also check to ensure nothing is blocking the intake grate again thanks for the tips [flag]

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happens if the intake grate gets a gap between the hull and the grate basically the grate pulls away from the hull and you get cavitation at speed. It sucks in air bubbles instead of water and you don't get thrust. look at the intake grate for gaps

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will check to ensure I am getting thrust when in the no wake mode. I will also check to ensure nothing is blocking the intake grate again thanks for the tip

I cleaned my plugs took the boat out and made sure i had thrust in both engines when running in the no wake mode. It did so when i got to open water I pushed forward both throttles. Again the starboard engine clean out port popped out. I know it was seated properly before I left. So any additional ideas what might be the cause is greatly appreciated. [flag]

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Give Jeff a call... Cobra EZ-Locks or you may need to rebuild.
Search "cobra EZ locks" on the forum.

Last edited: