• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Noise levels.. 250hp Supercharged vs ACE 300

Fromwithin142

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hey guys,
In the market to purchase a new 215ID next year (2020 Model)
I currently have a 2005 Sea-doo sportster with the 215hp supercharged engine. It's quite loud. I'm sure that the evolution of the boats for model year 2020 (15 years later) should have improved sound dampening.

Has anyone had the chance to compare noise levels between the new ACE 300HP vs their smaller 250hp or 200hp supercharged engines?

I would think with the 300's they should be quieter and run smoother with the larger displacement?

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I believe the engines themselves are just as noisy. But, they insulate the boat better. :winkingthumbsup"

Welcome to the forum :Welcome:!!! Thanks for signing up. Lots of good info here. Look around and you'll see. Keep us informed on your decision. Share pictures should you do something. Good luck!

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hey guys,
In the market to purchase a new 215ID next year (2020 Model)
I currently have a 2005 Sea-doo sportster with the 215hp supercharged engine. It's quite loud. I'm sure that the evolution of the boats for model year 2020 (15 years later) should have improved sound dampening.

Has anyone had the chance to compare noise levels between the new ACE 300HP vs their smaller 250hp or 200hp supercharged engines?

I would think with the 300's they should be quieter and run smoother with the larger displacement?
YES!! The 300 ACE engines are absolutely quieter. Do not hesitate for a second to get the 300's if you can. They are efficient and are superior in every way . Better more efficient wheel with double the vanes, better more efficient fuel and ignition design, I can go on and on. Get the 300's and never look back.

Fromwithin142

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Thanks 255IDTwin300s !!

That's where I'm leaning and that makes me feel better to know that they are quieter than the others.

Quick question, do you know what the "upgraded" steering wheel gets you?

Did you get the versa lounge seating option? If so, how do you like it, any pro's or cons?

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thanks 255IDTwin300s !!

That's where I'm leaning and that makes me feel better to know that they are quieter than the others.

Did you get the versa lounge seating option? If so, how do you like it, any pro's or cons?
when I typed "wheel" I was referring to the ACE 300 engine supercharger compressor wheel. :)

Last edited:

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Thanks 255IDTwin300s !!

We have the versa lounge. While my wife and I don’t usually lay out on the boat, at least one of our boys does. It is nice having the option of a “sun deck” though in case we decide to lay out.

I don’t know if this is only possible with the versa lounge, but if trailering without a cover on I will lay the rear seats down to kind of “lock in” the rear side seat cushions. At least to me it looks like they couldn’t blow out of the boat going down the road.

I would check the versa lounge option box again if we were buying another Scarab tmrw.

I can’t compare the different motors noise wise, sorry. We have the 200s and are very happy with the performance so far. We have a little over 24hrs on the boat, but hoping it goes up some this w/e.

Good luck shopping!!!

Fromwithin142

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Thanks Need A Vacation!

I think we would get good use of the sun deck to be honest and as you say, it's just nice to have the option if and when the opportunity arises.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Fromwithin,

YW!!!