• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Today was a big day....New 2015 SX210 is the winner for us!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A few of you will remember me starting a thread about a week ago talking about 21' vs 24'. Today was the big day of the water test of the one we really wanted to be "the one" because we liked the graphics, the size inside the boat and the price as well.

We took it out for a spin today and it was a Winner and we are very happy to be picking it up this coming Friday to bring home!

We got lucky and they ended up including a 4 year extended warranty.

It's a new 2015 SX210. We are happy campers as we liked the ride as much as we were hoping. The only thing we weren't absolutely crazy about was the engine noise is louder than the new 24' ones for sure but that was not going to make a 15k extra difference for us to buy the 24'. The 21' feels plenty big for our family of 3. We will occasionally have a few more adults and a couple extra kids out with us for a total of 7 but 3 of us mainly.

For those of you on the sizing fence. I highly suggest trying all 3. We thought the 19' didn't handle the chop in the ocean (where we are) well enough for us and it just felt not roomy enough. The 24' felt awesome all the way around but was just more than we wanted to spend. Then came the 21' which we hoped we would love on the water because it was in our budget and it was all that for us! And to make things sweeter he said of the engine noise is a little too noisy we have added sound dampening or quieting to the engine area like the 24' ones have and the customer that have done it have been very happy and it's only a few hundred dollars. They are going to give us the exact price on the sound quieting stuff tomorrow and have it done for us when we pay and pick it up on Friday. If it even works halfway to help with the sound I will be happy as we love the boat. The noise isn't terrible or super annoying but if we can quiet it down a litte I'll be even happier. Not sure if it will work or not but its worth a shot I guess.

They said they would sell us the Mooring cover that is normally around $800 for $600 since we are buying the boat. Is $600 a fair price for the cover?

Also if you recall the scratch I talked about in the other thread, they had it fixed and wow can't even tell it was every there.

The Bimini will come in handy with the kiddos on tubing days and stuff but I think this boat will have an awesome much more clean look with the top down or off completely.

With this not having articulating keel what would be the best accessory I could get to help with low speed steering when docking? Please give me some opinions on the best thing to get and can I install it myself or should I have them install it before we pick it up?

Something to help with Slow speed maneuverability (need your opinions) and sound quieting (they are going to do this week already) are the first 2 "mods" I want to have done. Any other ones you guys suggest?

What type of maintenance do these need to have done on them? When does it get done and how much is it to have done?

Thanks for all your replies in my other thread helping with boat sizing help (19 vs 21 vs 24).

Can't wait for a summer of boating in this bad boy! Probably won't need the 4 year warranty as people say these boats don't have lots of problems but that 4 years instead of 1 will be nice peace of mind.

I'll try to upload a few pics from today of the boat I took today while we were out on it for the first time. It rode plenty smooth enough for us through some chop. Much smoother than the 19' and felt much more stable and roomier. It was an easy decision to spend the extra 10k to get the 21' instead of the 19' (at least to us for our wants and needs). That's not a knock on the 19' though as I know tons of people that love them and they are plenty big enough to have a ton of fun on! Im pretty tall (around 6'4) and I can fully stretch out my legs in the 21' today laying back sitting in the bow area and my feet not touch the front past the cushions. I couldn't do that in the 19'. Lots more room in the 21' one for sure. Not that I will be up there much since I will be driving most of the time but just nice to have the extra room up there. The 24' definitely feels like even more room and a quieter ride than this 21' but not 15-25k of a difference to us. We know we could have gotten a used 24' for probably only $5,000-$15,000 more but we liked that this one is brand new and this 4 year warranty and we will be the first owners of it. Getting new stuff can be fun sometimes. We love this one and hopefully this will be a great first boat for us!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

Attachments

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats....sounds like you are all set! Here is a great site to price parts:

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemcatalogs/c/yamaha_boat_2015_sx210/yamaha_boat_accessories-covers

So assuming you are getting the deluxe cover....$600 is ok.

Many have added sound deadening and it works ok...not as good as everything Yamaha does, but those that do it are happy.

For slow speed steering you'll want some fins...either thrust vectors or Cobrafins....both are good products. I try and stay out of the fray on which I think is better.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and congratulations on your new boat, you're going to love it for sure, lots of memories to be made this summer.

I tried both thrust vector and cobra fins and found that the adjustable cobras (I have set for down all the time) were a better fit for us. I feel better knowing that it gives my wife, who never drove a boat before, the confidence she needs to drive. Now I can do wake sports with her at the helm.

Seatch the threads here on the forum for maintenance hints, they're all very helpful. Many sound deadenin FB threads as well. I plan to take that project on this summer myself.

Once you get settled into your new boat, we'll all certainly help you spend your money on mods. We're good at that! :winkingthumbsup"

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on your new boat. We love and bought our 21' Yamaha for the same reasons that you listed. Get some fins (and I'd recommend some kind of plug blow out prevention) and you should be good to go for your first season.

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Congrats , nice lookin boat !

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations. The 21' hull works well for us, also. Your family is going to have a memorable summer. Send some more pictures.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys!

So I'm guessing these will work good? So Buying them on the website saves you $81? Should I add $30 for Cobra EZ Locks they sell? Do the clean out plugs really just randomly come out often? Are these locks needed?

*NEW* Cobra Venom ULTIMATE for Yamaha Twin-Engine

Suggested Retail Price: $450
- CJS Buy Direct Discount: $80.75
+ FREE Domestic Shipping: $0

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@NewBoater glad to have you on board and congratulations on the new boat,

The plugs don't randomly just blow very often but if you become part of the 1% you could end up with anything from lack of thrust until you reinstall them to a plug turning into a rocket and breaking your hatch to turning sideways and dislodging your cleanout tube causing the boat to flood,

I'm whatever makes you happy for fins and intrigued by the new "fangs" for better reverse and power steering but I would tell anyone the $30 for a set of locks is well worth for the insurance that they won't dislodge or blow,

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Seems the thrust vectors are $200 and New cobra ones are close to $400. I'm guessing they are worth the extra $200?

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pretty sure that's $200 per jet. You can't go wrong with either though.

As for the locks, definite no brainer. You should be pulling the plugs after every outing, and reinstalling before you go out again (you'll forget a few times, par for the course). But, it helps eliminate human error. If you never touch them, they'll never blow, it's when they are reinstalled incorrectly (easier than it sounds) that they blow.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats btw! Fine choice you made, I love that boat.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat! We have the same boat, just with a tower. It has served our family well.

As far as the fins, either brand works and they both have a loyal following. It will help with your slow steering issues and confidence around the docks and retrieving the boat. It also helps others who may drive your boat. The EZ locks should be a given. We have never suffered a blowout but I do not want to risk it so it is cheap insurance from what could be a catastrophic failure.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on your boat! I hope you and family will enjoy her many, many days to come!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Brand new boat against the dock and no fenders!!.... ballsy move @NewBoater, ballsy move.

You're a pro already! :cool:

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Haha that wasn't me sound that that was the boat dealership there were kids everywhere around the boat tying it down carefully :)

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad that it all worked out for you. Appreciate the detailed update. Best of luck to you in your new boat. Looks awesome.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very happy to report I have these 3 things on the way!

Cobra Venom Ultimate system

twin engine fangs

ez locks set

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats and that is a sharp looking boat. I think 21' is perfect for most families and it's the size I'm settling on too unless I find a killer deal on 24' by the time I'm ready to purchase.