• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Today was a big day....New 2015 SX210 is the winner for us!

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Congrats on the new 21' boat! Looks great in the water...

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome day on the water today and the boat is officially ours. The sound deadening they did for us made a huge difference (night and day). It's not as quiet as a 24' 2015 and newer but it's darn near that quiet. And it was very loud (in my opinion) before the work was done. Now the noise is not bothersome at all. Very noticeable difference at all speeds. That was so worth the money spent as we got the size we wanted (21') at the price we wanted to be at with almost the quietness of the 24' ones.

Also, the Cobra Ultimate system with Fangs and the Locking System for Clean out ports were installed.

Wow what a difference in steering! Worth every dollar spent and Jeff was a pleasure to deal with, as he shipped me the Cobra system quickly so they could have it all installed for me for pickup day today.

Very happy we made these purchases as now it truly is the perfect boat for us!

Loved the first time out as new boat owners. This will be a fun summer out on the water!

Thanks again for all your help and opinions on everything!

I think the boat will look the most sleek with the Bimini top folded all way down and back or off completely but I gotta say that shade came in handy today as it was blazing hot on the water.

Here's a few pics I took today. Included a few pics of Cobra Ultimate Steering system and the fangs. If your on the fence, don't hesitate as they work awesome!

Attachments

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is AWESOME @NewBoater!!

Glad you and the family are able to enjoy the new toy. Congratulations! You guys be safe out there and please post pics. The only thing we like more than our boats are the smiles that they bring.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious @NewBoater, what did the dealer do or add for sound deadening? Wondering if it is like many of the sound deadening mods that many here have posted in the past.

BTW, glad you are enjoying your new boat!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Some pictures of the sound deadening would be helpful.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It's in the boatel, we should have it again this weekend and I'll try to remember to snap some pics of it for you!

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would also like to see some pics. I have a '14 SX210 that I'd like to quiet down.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome day out on the water today. We love the boat and it's definitely MUCH quieter and sounds a lot like the new 24' boats. Sound insulation worked wonders. I snapped a few pics for you guys that wanted to see pics of it. I have so much to learn. How to dock it well, how to remove and install the nice black Yamaha mooring cover. The guys at the Boatel helped me take it off today. Here some pics from out on the water today and also of the sound insulation in the engine compartment.

Attachments

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So they just installed it over the existing insulation?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That looks like a cleaner install than the factory insulation on my 24.

She looks great! Congratulations!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So they just installed it over the existing insulation?
That's what it looks like to me.

That looks like a cleaner install than the factory insulation on my 24.

She looks great! Congratulations!

Thanks!!

Had another great day out on the water today. Had my first experience with something getting stuck in the clean out port and just did reverse and then forward hard each way and it blew right out. I read on this site how to do that and it worked wonders. This site has been so helpful for me and I appreciate all of you guys very much! Very much looking forward to a summer on the water enjoying the boat!

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's what it looks like to me.

Thanks!!

Had another great day out on the water today. Had my first experience with something getting stuck in the clean out port and just did reverse and then forward hard each way and it blew right out. I read on this site how to do that and it worked wonders. This site has been so helpful for me and I appreciate all of you guys very much! Very much looking forward to a summer on the water enjoying the boat!
Glad that the maneuver worked. After you went into a hard reverse, did you throw it into a hard forward or turn the engines off? I thought I read that the engines should be turned off after the hard reverse. Just wanted to make sure. I have not had anything getting stuck yet, but it will happen someday. Thx.