• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Northerners, how late do you keep going out?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well then I’m going to need you both to tune up those snow throwers and go purchase a bunch of sleds. My last winter here needs to be a mild one so I don’t lose my sanity!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well then I’m going to need you both to tune up those snow throwers and go purchase a bunch of sleds. My last winter here needs to be a mild one so I don’t lose my sanity!
You and I both know in this area that there is nothing guaranteed in the winter, 60's to -30's. My sled sat for the first 2 winters I had it and the wife was ready to get rid of it. Could have told her the same with the boat after the start and end of this boating season. Seemed like the river was always in flood stage. Just have to go with the hand your dealt and make the most of it.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Buffalo NY here! Had a great season out least 7 weekends and a couple more during my Lake Vacation but after the third week of September, you're just spitting in Mom Natures eye around here!

I put her up a couple of weeks ago!

Yesterday it was Sunny and 72 degrees

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Glen, Same here for winter weather, past few years we've had February days in the 60's just never had the opportunity to go out.. Have to see if the DW is going to want to try it this year. So do you still winterize your boat or just plan an taking it out in the winter once or twice?
Since my Winterization process only takes by 2 min per engine, I'll Winterize each time. Once I get to March, I won't bother anymore-

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Found on FB (Blurred to protect the innocent). This should read "It's over when I say it's over!"

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
^^^ Been there, done that in the fishing boat before on the weekend after mothers day a few years ago on the Wisconsin River. Snowed like crazy on the way to the ramp and light snow throughout the day.

Well, the wife said the seasons officially over. The kids and I are not quite on the same page but she wants me to winterize & start on the upgrades that we have planned. Guess if I want to go out any more this year its going to be in the flatbottom.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
^^^ Been there, done that in the fishing boat before on the weekend after mothers day a few years ago on the Wisconsin River. Snowed like crazy on the way to the ramp and light snow throughout the day.

Well, the wife said the seasons officially over. The kids and I are not quite on the same page but she wants me to winterize & start on the upgrades that we have planned. Guess if I want to go out any more this year its going to be in the flatbottom.
Maybe take up ice fishing???