• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not another subwoofer ? And stereo talk (sound video clips)

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a little peak of the sound from the system. Didn't realise my wife was filming today. Volume on 40. I will get the comparison video of the lower speakers in the bow as well as a distance clip for the towers and a better all around clip of the system playing tomorrow while I'm washing her down.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any chance anyone know if this item can be painted...I want it to be white if possible.

I know Krylon makes a paint for plastics, but also heard some plastics wont take paint even with primer....any thoughts??

Boat is at the shop now getting the upgrades done, and I need to figure out how to vent these subs under the seats ASAP.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Why not just sand it with 220 and work up to 600 ish then spray it.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here's a little peak of the sound from the system. Didn't realise my wife was filming today. Volume on 40. I will get the comparison video of the lower speakers in the bow as well as a distance clip for the towers and a better all around clip of the system playing tomorrow while I'm washing her down.

Sounds really Good!!

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@adrianp89 sanding it from 200 to 600 will allow the paint to stick on this starboard material, if so Im down to give it a try.

I would do what most others do and use a Sub grille as a vent, but Im using the JL sport grills which are more open than the classic grills others use to vent their bench seat, so I need to come up with a vent that allows enough air flow.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@adrianp89 sanding it from 200 to 600 will allow the paint to stick on this starboard material, if so Im down to give it a try.

I would do what most others do and use a Sub grille as a vent, but Im using the JL sport grills which are more open than the classic grills others use to vent their bench seat, so I need to come up with a vent that allows enough air flow.
In the ballpark... sanding and finishing is not my expertise, but 600 should be fine enough for you and still rough enough for paint to easily stick. Hell 220 might be smooth enough... really up to you lol.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CraigAR are you happy with the final product...does it give you plenty of sound up front? Those Revs and new sub must really round everything out.

I'm getting my new equipment installed so should have some sneak peaks over the weekend.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CraigAR are you happy with the final product...does it give you plenty of sound up front? Those Revs and new sub must really round everything out.

I'm getting my new equipment installed so should have some sneak peaks over the weekend.
Yes, the bow area now rocks with the revo 8 speakers. Very happy with the outcome. The entire system is now tuned, I will have a video this weekend

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Id clean the grill with a green pad and dish soap then spray it. Sanding that will be a huge pain. Put two coats and it will be fine.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jgorm green pad? Where can I get it from...what's the dish soap do? So no sanding ?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I think he means like a scrotch brite pad.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah. Scotch style. Dish soap to remove any oils. That's how if do it. It may not be perfect or the best way, but I've painted lots of plastic like that. Krylon plastic paint work pretty good.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I shot a couple quick videos from my phone to show the sound from different areas. This first shot is inside the boat walking from the front to back to show what the new revo 8's do for the sound up in the bow. Keep in mind I only have the volume at 62 for all 3 videos. I have a lot of neighbors close by lol.
This one here is a shot to show that the rev 8 tower speakers sound fine for the people that want to surf.
Here is the final shot to show off the rev 8 tower speakers, roughly 150' away and volume at 62.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can I hear it with music instead of test tones?

:) That thing is rockin.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can I hear it with music instead of test tones?

:) That thing is rockin.
Sure can, I'll have to make another clip when I get back from New York next week. Any song recommendations?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ha, just busting your balls.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can notice at about 1 minute in that the sound walking up into the bow doesn't really change. Very happy with the 8's up there.