• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ocean Isle Beach NC June 12-19

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Taking the new 195S for the first time and planned on playing and cruising the ICW. Had the jet ski down there last year. Anyone in the area? Any good tips/places/local knowledge that we should have? Thanks in advance!

Fourjets

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Be aware of the tides. Currents, channel markers, etc....
have 2 anchors if you plan to anchor near beach, stern and bow.
sailfish is a nice dock n dine restaurant or Sears landing in surf city.
njoy

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Be aware of the tides. Currents, channel markers, etc....
have 2 anchors if you plan to anchor near beach, stern and bow.
sailfish is a nice dock n dine restaurant or Sears landing in surf city.
njoy
Always aware of the tides and currents, used to have a wing keel Beneteau 40 that spent a lot of time around Oriental and Cape Lookout. Thanks for the reminder though.

Two anchors and a sand spike, maybe a little overkill. 🙂

Thanks for the tips on places to eat. I haven’t looked at charts yet but I’m thinking Surf City is a 25-30 mile ride? Anything around sunset beach?

Thanks again!

Fourjets

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
My apologies, I miss read your tread. I was thinking you were going to be near surf city, not ocean isle beach Which is No where near surf city. Try to head north on the icww to Tommy toms restaurant at St James plantation marina. (Very protected). Awesome food. Or a little further north to Southport. Provisions restaurant is our favorite. If you make it their then be sure to pop over to Bald head Island. Kids love climbing the lighthouse. Jewels grub and island pub in the marina is a great spot too.
I am sure you navigation skills are high given your sailing history. I grew up racing sailboats on the Chesapeake bay and offshore. Good times.

Fourjets

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
P.s I’m not familiar with the southern end of the icww in Nc. I do believe there are a couple waterfront dock n dine restaurants down that way... just haven’t been to any.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks for all of the tips! Navigation skills are OK but a bit rusty. I know driving vehicles with GPS has made them atrophy to some extent.

Love the Chesapeake for sailing and hunting, one of God’s best places!

I am confident that we can find plenty to do/eat/see just poking around but I did forget about Bald Head and the lighthouse. I am sure the grandkids would have a blast.

Again, thanks for the tips and if we turn up anything new, I’ll keep you posted. I’ll also report back on places you have suggested.

Cheers!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My apologies, I miss read your tread. I was thinking you were going to be near surf city, not ocean isle beach Which is No where near surf city. Try to head north on the icww to Tommy toms restaurant at St James plantation marina. (Very protected). Awesome food. Or a little further north to Southport. Provisions restaurant is our favorite. If you make it their then be sure to pop over to Bald head Island. Kids love climbing the lighthouse. Jewels grub and island pub in the marina is a great spot too.
I am sure you navigation skills are high given your sailing history. I grew up racing sailboats on the Chesapeake bay and offshore. Good times.
Where do you dock when you go over to BHI? Does the marina where the ferry comes in have day dock space or do you do something else? TIA!

Hokietechvpi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where do you dock when you go over to BHI? Does the marina where the ferry comes in have day dock space or do you do something else? TIA!
I have been there before by boat. when I was close , I called the bald head island marina on vhf , and they gave me a slip to park in. I can't remember if it cost money or not, but its a really cool island.
Other interesting locations by boat near ocean isle would be inlet view bar and grill in Shallote on the ICW, and Filets on the water in north myrtle. Bird island is a beach party spot near NC/SC border. I haven't been there yet, but just got my '18 242x last week, so its on my list next in the next few weeks. Ocean Isle fish company by the boat ramp in Ocean Isle is great too, but its really crowded during summer.