• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

OEM Plastic GPS Antenna Cover

Mdsmith000

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am having some plastic cover made, should have them in the next few weeks, anyone interested in purchasing one for $85.00. Send me a message.

Marine GPS Receiver GPS receiver 80mm(Dia) x 25mm(H)

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought a 3” or 4” pvc end cap for $3 or $4 and a raised Yamaha logo decal for $5 that I keep around as spares. Not the prettiest replacement but not $85 either.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it fits as OEM $85 is not ridiculous for a small run plastic cover. Molds are not cheap. There was an attempt to 3d print covers that have sort of fizzled.
Heck I pay that much a weekend on fuel.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it fits as OEM $85 is not ridiculous for a small run plastic cover. Molds are not cheap. There was an attempt to 3d print covers that have sort of fizzled.
Fizzled no more. I will post some samples later today or over the weekend. $20 shipped.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
$85 is a lot for a plastic cap IMHO. I wish I only spent $85 on fuel for a weekend on the water. $20 much more doable.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Fizzled no more. I will post some samples later today or over the weekend. $20 shipped.
Please put me down for one, in Black if possible, otherwise whatever is available.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please put me down for one, in Black if possible, otherwise whatever is available.
I have black, blue and white PETG plastic which should hold up to the sun well. It also is slightly flexible so it will be less likely to shatter. Although I do not want to print these too thick and risk reducing the signal level. I am going to try 1.2mm thickness on all sides.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the first test print of the “flat topped” design. The top is 1.2 mm thick and the sides are 2.4.

I do not have the GPS receiver to model from so I copied dimensions from @svana ’s design. @Mainah confirmed that a print of Svana’s design fit correctly on his receiver. If there is a fit meant issue I will need to send out replacements.

Currently I have it sitting upside down filled with water to verify that it water tightness. With four solid layers of plastic on the top and six on the sides it should be.

What are your thoughts?

368D2E7F-E066-487F-9FB0-3282053FE10D.jpeg8059B56B-5F94-4FFE-8A57-E401BD21D023.jpeg688AC50A-5379-4A6E-ADED-CA2F5273FBE0.jpeg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Mdsmith000, is that 80mm diameter external or internal?

I am getting 77mm ID on the existing model which has been confirmed to fit.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's all I got from the manufacturer which can be found here.
Do you happen to have a broken cover that you could take pictures of? Does the cover overlap the lower section?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce i could send you my old base like i did for @svana. I have no issues doing this again. Just pm me your address

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nope it blew off,
It looks like your base may have some cracks as well. I am surprised by how fragile the factory part is. I am giving these extra support around the legs that the screws go into.

Attachments