• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Officially a Jet Boat Owner • 2019 212X

Bossmannartin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
We pulled that center cushion out the day it came home and it hasn't been back in since. I installed Seadek pads on the seat and stepover areas and it looks better and we don't have to worry about the seat being in the way - we don't step on our seats as that is the main reason the stitching wears and tears over the years.
Have you had any problems with the SeaDek pads staying on. I was thinking of doing the same but didn’t like the idea of it peeling off over time?

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Have you had any problems with the SeaDek pads staying on. I was thinking of doing the same but didn’t like the idea of it peeling off over time?
Here mine on my 2014 212x. In season 3 with SeaDek and no issues. I've used that cushion once. Screenshot_20200820-193523_Gallery.jpg

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
No issues so far. I cleaned the area with soap and water, rinsed well, let it dry "under the cover" till the next day, then cleaned again with 99% isopropyl alcohol and let dry 15 mins (time for a beer) before applying. The instructions specifically mention to ensure you press firmly around the entire edge to ensure a good sticky seal. The engine step is flat so I don't expect it to peel. The step-over pad is slightly curved down at the front and back edges so it might peel over time, but I went around three times to make sure it was well pressed down. So far so good, but it's only been 28 days since I put them on. If they do peel up, instructions say to use an acrylic based super glue to stick the edge back down. I think starting with a thoroughly clean surface helps.

Some of the foam inside the engine compartment has peeled off a bit though...I'll use some contact cement to glue it back on. I can see they were not generous with the glue when applying so I'm not surprised it's peeling. Easy fix though.

Bossmannartin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thanks for the feed back! I’m gona add it to the list....