• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil change question

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m doing my first oil change. Based on the threads, I was expecting to get just under 4 quarts out. To my surprise, I got out well over 4. I have checked the levels and it was not high, and I haven’t added any since in the time I have had the boat, which was last August.

I’m assuming I only put 4 quarts back in despite what I took out? Is that right?

Yes then check the oil level when you have the boat in the water and add any oil that you may need once you run the boat and se where the level is.

Thanks! When the oil kept coming out I started to panic. Appreciate the help. Will have the boat in the water tomorrow and will check after we run it a bit.

Make sure the oil doesn't have a fuel odor.

I didn’t notice anything. And I took it to a local mechanic to dispose of and he didn’t say anything either, so hopefully we are good.

I didn’t notice anything. And I took it to a local mechanic to dispose of and he didn’t say anything either, so hopefully we are good.
Going forward I would check your oil after the next few outings to make sure the oil level isn't creeping up and smelling like fuel indicating an injector running open.

Back