• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Extractor at West Marine

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not a big fan of West Marine as they are usually significantly more expensive than others, and don't have great service in the stores. With that said, their oil extractor has been pretty good for me. The one I had was 12 years old and the plastic finally just disintegrated. Went and bought a new one at a store location close to my house. $63.99 is a good deal. Just FYI. WEST MARINE Manual Oil Changer, 6.9 Quart | West Marine

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is very timely, thank you. I have been using one of the cheap chinese $20 pumps from Amazon the last 4 years. It finally died. It ran pretty hot and was slow. But did the job.

I was just about to order another, but may give this a shot. There are a ton similar to this on Amazon, but slightly more expensive.

Jores

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Same one I've been using the last four years. Very happy with it.

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use that one its slow but it works great...............you need to warm oil up first

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Same one I have used for 5 years. I like it. I have used it to pull water from hard to reach places also.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got a mity vac I use in the garage that's similar to that but powered by compressed air. I have a smaller manual one I use for the boat and such that's like a sphere, I think it was about 40 bucks.

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you guys use any other oil & filters other than Yamaha 4W 4 Stroke & Yamaha filters? Something higher quality? 210 FSH Sport 2022 wondering about 10 hr maintenance. TIA

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you guys use any other oil & filters other than Yamaha 4W 4 Stroke & Yamaha filters? Something higher quality? 210 FSH Sport 2022 wondering about 10 hr maintenance. TIA
I use KN filter and Mobile 1 synthetic. Meets the spec in manual.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After having several manual and cheap electric models my wife bought me this one a few years ago and it turned out to be one of the best gifts she has ever given me. It does the job with no effort on my part and would be faster if I ran the engines on a hose to warm up the oil but that takes effort and triggers the risk that I screw up and run the engines with out water or run the water without the engine on. Now I usually change the spark plugs while the oil is being extracted. Whatever you get, I recommend it have at least the capacity to hold the used oil from both engines if you have a twin engine boat so you don’t have to empty between engine oil changes.

the electric models are generally more expensive than the manual models but now that I’m older my body is forcing me to consider how much my time and effort is worth.
39E90CF9-3924-4FEA-9078-774FBB783CD4.png

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This was the level of a 2 engine mr-1 HO complete oil change in the extractor. Yes, I pulled the drain plug on the oil cooler, it's in there.

20170426_093127.jpg

Seno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
West marine is probably a rebranded EWK. I have been using EWK for years, great little unit. I have the pneumatic version that hooks up to the compressor, its super fast.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i use one of these...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been using one of these since I bought this boat, no issues. About as easy as it gets. Scroll down, they even have a picture of someone draining a Yamaha. LOL. I have no affiliation with this company.

I have the same one and love it. Used to use the manual type but it was no fun. Now I just hook it up to the battery and suck the oil out and then pull the plug on the backside of the engine to do a complete drain, sucking it out of a small 1" deep pan with no mess. For the $$ I'm very pleased and will only go back to the manual kind if I absolutely have to.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same one and love it. Used to use the manual type but it was no fun. Now I just hook it up to the battery and suck the oil out and then pull the plug on the backside of the engine to do a complete drain, sucking it out of a small 1" deep pan with no mess. For the $$ I'm very pleased and will only go back to the manual kind if I absolutely have to.
I brought the drain up to the top of the engine to get the last bit out....
make sure you put a rubber tip on the oil tank wand to keep from damaging the screen...
works like a champ...

attachment - 2021-12-08T160640.268.jpgattachment - 2021-12-26T095609.814.jpgattachment - 2021-12-26T115945.690 - Copy.jpgattachment - 2021-12-26T175627.927.jpgattachment - 2021-12-26T175729.371.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I brought the drain up to the top of the engine to get the last bit out....
make sure you put a rubber tip on the oil tank wand to keep from damaging the screen...
works like a champ...

View attachment 176547View attachment 176548View attachment 176549View attachment 176550View attachment 176551
Riva used to sell had hard line kit to do that,

Can you give us a link to the fitting you used ?
Does the rubber cap stop the oil or does it have an on/off valve somewhere ?

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
actually gravity stops the oil there should be very little crankcase pressure in a normally asperated engine in good health... a small clamp secures the rubber plug...

i think i documented everything in the build thread... I did make the banjo bolts myself but there are plenty of alternatives...

link to parts list

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
actually gravity stops the oil there should be very little crankcase pressure in a normally asperated engine in good health... a small clamp secures the rubber plug...

i think i documented everything in the build thread... I did make the banjo bolts myself but there are plenty of alternatives...

link to parts list
thanks, I must have missed that thread,