• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Extractor at West Marine

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've used the West Marine pump for years and it's always worked flawlessly. I also like that each ring on it is approximately one quart...so I know if I have most of the oil. I even used that thing to extract the oil out of my Cayenne Diesel when I had it.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Do you guys use any other oil & filters other than Yamaha 4W 4 Stroke & Yamaha filters? Something higher quality? 210 FSH Sport 2022 wondering about 10 hr maintenance. TIA
Yamaha 4W is nothing special...plain old conventional oil. Search for the virgin oil analysis and you'll see it has nothing unique for watercraft. In fact it lacks somewhat with no moly. Any good quality 10w40 should be fine. I'm running Castrol GTX 10w40 which is an SP synthetic blend at half the cost.

Yamaha filters are known to be cheap - search for one cut open and you'll see they're just basic pleated paper, nothing special except the Yamaha name on the side. Any good quality filter should be fine. I'm running Fram Toughguard 3600 filters as they're larger and filter better at 1/3 the cost.

Warm your oil before extracting to make it somewhat faster and easier flowing. I do oil changes at the end of a day of boating. The oil is nicely mixed and warm when I get home to extract it. Make sure you change the filters at the 10 hour service as they will likely have debris and contaminants from the engine build. My 10 and 50 hour changes where dirty. My 100 hour was fairly clean (50 hours of use).

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length