• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Line Question

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
dumb question, but how do i know if my engines are 65u 1200cc non power valve engines
Power valve was on the xr1800 boat only.

scottma978

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hi, I'm a pretty new LS2000 owner and don't know much...but I've just replaced one engine and the oil lines (which was the cause of the engine failure) on both. I realize you already did yours, but for future reference...I bought my whole oil line kit with hoses and clamps from Island Racing. It ran me about 200 bucks. It does come with Oetiker clamps (not sure if I spelled that correctly), so you need to by a $35 tool to properly install them, but man what a nice setup. These lines are never going anywhere. Also, I did the group K (though I now see Island Racing has one too) fuel pump with air separator. Instead of cranking the engines a million times after the boat has sat for a while and lost its prime, this setup is a low pressure pump that feeds the carbs quick when you turn on the key. It will definitely help save the starters! good luck!