• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ok, hoped I wouldn't need to use this, but...

Does anyone know the size of the stud on the starter? I can't get to it to measure, and I need to get my order in by noon to get the wire shipped today...

The size of the terminal ring may be hard to figure out without taking it off. I'm sure that your local auto part store will have the correct size readily available.

Yeah, I was hoping that someone might know if it's standard, or if not what size it is. I'm having new wires made up by tinnedmarinewire.com and was hoping to get my order in by noon so it ships today... can't work on the boat at all until this evening.

ETA: I guess I will have to make the positive cable myself anyways. That little square rubber seal that seals off the connection into the black box won't likely fit over the terminal if I have the cable itself pre-made.

Last edited:
Update.

I was able to remove the starter over lunch. I tested the starter by hooking it up for a few seconds to a jump pack, and it whirred away happily, no strange noises or anything. I think that's all I can do to test it, and that it tested fine... if there's anything else I can do with a multimeter or something, let me know... it's not a fun job removing it!

For those who have to take off their #starter in the future, I was disappointed with the lack of 360 degree images of the engine so I could tell what I had to do. It turns out that the 13mm bolt that holds the battery ground cable to the engine block is actually the bottom bolt of two that holds on the starter. So you can trace the ground wire to the bolt and remove it, then move up about an inch or two and there's the second bolt. My starter was loose but wouldn't come free until I got a bar in front of the starter (between the engine and the exhaust) and was able to gently persuade it to come out.

Next step is to remove the black box so I can get to the solenoid which has an expected delivery date of Friday. Hoping it comes early.

Back