• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

on water rt now have an ISSUE

It is always obvious I type too much...started the post, searched for the link to the video and posted it all in duplicate to you Derick...same stuff though, good stuff, and worth the time to view it, because it gives a much better understanding doesn't it? Thanks to buckbuck for that!

Yes many thanks to @buckbuck for the time he took to make that great video!

I do recall some guys noting that the pee hole for the port engine often requires a slightly higher throttle to get water to flow out. It makes sense since the water has to flow through more tubing to reach the side of the boat.

If you can, follow the lines inside the engine compartment and to the side of the boat. Make sure there aren't any kinks in them.

Thanks to those who posted the video. We are getting ready to take a week vacation with the boat and hours from all my tools. I am taking the basics but feel under prepared. The video helps!

Regarding the anchor issue... We boat 99% of the time in the Ohio River. So far this year it has been up and the current has been very fast. We have had good luck with a 14lb danforth style anchor using 6 feet of chain. Just remember that the faster the current the more line you will need out to get a good hold. Most articles that I have read say that at very least you will need 3:1 ratio of line out to get a good hold. So if the water is 20 feet deep the minimum would be 60 feet of line (on a good day). If the water is rough 5:1 or even 8:1 ratio may be needed.

Here is a pretty decent website explaining how I typically anchor in fast current. http://www.boatingbasicsonline.com/content/general/7_4.php

Good luck!

This is very enlightening. Since purchasing our boat at the beginning of the season, I have never seen water come out the pee holes at idle.. But it does come out at higher RPM's...this tells me they are not clogged. I can also see that the port side does not shoot out quite as much water...again makes sense since it has further to go to the pee holes. It's reassuring to know that this is normal behavior and also makes a lot of sense.

Back