• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One week in a wet slip?

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I intend to leave my boat in a rental for a week and am curious about something- will the salt harden in one week if the boat is in the water the whole week? I understand when you pull it out it must be thoroughly rinsed with fresh water and salt away because the water will evaporate and leave a salt residue but does salt harden while it is wet/in the water/underwater for a week?

I might pull it out mid-week for a wash rinse to make the end of trip clean up easier.

Any thoughts on any of this?

Thanks Scoop
Lol. I think we need an online intervention for those who are putting their boats in salt water for the first time. You're boat will not dissolve nor will salt deposits encrusted your engine innards....promise....put it in and have some fun. Try and forget about what's in the water.

Just think about all those waverunner rentals that rack up a 1000 hours use or more...and most of those rental units don't get flushed until the end of the day.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Well you are right about me worrying too much about stuff I shouldn’t worry about. And I kind of agree with you but a previous poster said the salt would harden in the water but I think you are OK as long as it is wet, it is when it dries and hardens that it can start to become a problem.

Scoop

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well you are right about me worrying too much about stuff I shouldn’t worry about. And I kind of agree with you but a previous poster said the salt would harden in the water but I think you are OK as long as it is wet, it is when it dries and hardens that it can start to become a problem.

Scoop
That's what Salt Away is for. It will dissolve the salt crystals.