• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oof, how much is this going to cost me?

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The wife got into a close encounter with a hard object while I was parking the trailer. Not the ideal way to start the season off.

Attachments

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yikes. Any idea what she got into? Submerged log or rocks or broken concrete from an older part of the ramp due to low water? If she hit it, outboards have had to hit it as well.

Sorry, no advice on cost though.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah... I wish I could say it was an unforeseen object. It's marked with a string of buoys, and we 100% know the rocks are there. We go through the area all the time at full plane... but only full tilt.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Its going to cost a good chunk of change but the problem this time of year is finding someone to do it. Atleast here your gonna wait a couple months to get a fiberglass guy.

rbarthur21

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh man, that sucks! Sorry for your luck. Hope you are able to get repaired quickly. My wife would be beating herself up about it.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Also if your boat is the same as mine then the plug hole is part of the keel so it looks like that snapped off. Hopefully its not a backordered part and no big deal to get that from yamaha. Everything seems to be backordered these days. Hope its not the case

Uman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yea its ugly, but looks like cosmetic damage to the hull for the most part.
Order up a new articulating keel mount and drain plug fixture and visit a body shop that does fiberglass work.
Inspect area inside and out for structural cracks and if none then build the area up with fiberglass fill/matt, sand to shape and apply finish.
I would expect a body shop time of 5hr would be reasonable and it will look line new.

-Uman

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yea its ugly, but looks like cosmetic damage to the hull for the most part.
Order up a new articulating keel mount and drain plug fixture and visit a body shop that does fiberglass work.
Inspect area inside and out for structural cracks and if none then build the area up with fiberglass fill/matt, sand to shape and apply finish.
I would expect a body shop time of 5hr would be reasonable and it will look line new.

-Uman
Yeah I am thinking the same the more I look at it. That’s the thickest part of the hill thankfully and shouldn’t take too long. I think I’m going to order the keel mount and go that route