• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Orange Beach, AL 4/14-4/16

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Westbeach Bum we are staying at the condo marked in red. we are practicing for the bimini trip going in and out of the inlet and to the open water...
we will be on the look out

Are you on facebook? Alabama Jet Boaters come join us.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have a house on the canals by Orange Beach Marina. There is dock space and parking, so we won't have to worry about using the ramp parking.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have a house on the canals by Orange Beach Marina. There is dock space and parking, so we won't have to worry about using the ramp parking.
As in renting the place-- or own?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Renting. Lol. I wish I could own it.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Renting. Lol. I wish I could own it.
I was going to say I'd be happy to rent from you when we go to concerts down there. We've been looking at taking the boat to the Wharf for the day when there is a good concert that night. But I dont want to travel as far as we normally do at night and still have to get it onto the trailer. I'd rather stay locally.

Do you have the website for that place?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
for a weekend kind of a renting lol

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I was going to say I'd be happy to rent from you when we go to concerts down there. We've been looking at taking the boat to the Wharf for the day when there is a good concert that night. But I dont want to travel as far as we normally do at night and still have to get it onto the trailer. I'd rather stay locally.

Do you have the website for that place?
put a landing strip light on the trailer! you are 4 hrs closer than us lol

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez @Bill D

When I need to go out into the gulf there a few apps that I use to help.
  • Windfinder Pro
  • MagicSeaWeed
Both will give you a good idea of tides, waves, swells and their timing. As well as weather of course.
(hope it helps)

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
put a landing strip light on the trailer! you are 4 hrs closer than us lol
Its not the traveling with the trailer, its the traffic in the ICW, especially the barges. I'd prefer to be able to have daylight when operating around them.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie can you hear the concerts at the wharf from the water? I was seriously contemplating Jimmy Buffet this year, but was unsure if it would be worth the trip. Oh yeah, it's on a Tuesday night too. :(

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie can you hear the concerts at the wharf from the water? I was seriously contemplating Jimmy Buffet this year, but was unsure if it would be worth the trip. Oh yeah, it's on a Tuesday night too. :(
Man don't make me lie to you. Every concert I've gone to down there we were seated at the place.

What I was referring to was using the Wharf's transient docking - staying all day shopping, eating, then going to the concert.
www.thewharfmarina.com/

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I gotcha. It's a bit of a pipe dream of mine to listen to a concert from the boat. It's doable in Tuscaloosa, but the part of the river where the amphitheater is located is only 8 miles between dams. Lol

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You won't be able to hear the concert at all from the water. We tried to hear a concert from the boat last year. We will be at the island around lunch Saturday. Be sure and try Cobalts, it's just east of the island. The food is great and you can pull your boat right up to it. The prices are very reasonable. Be sure and get a bushwacker. Y'all have it made with parking then.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Be sure and try Cobalts, it's just east of the island.
I also highly recommend Tiki Bar at the north side of Terry Cove. They have designated slips right in front, as well as a protected area to beach your boat just to the right of the restaurant. Great Bushwackers, good food and their pizzas hit the spot!
(Edit - If it's adults only time I also recommend going down to the Flora-Bama Yacht club, then walking across the street to the true Flora-Bama)

Untitled.png

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Y'all have a pretty big group in central Alabama. We're going to try and make it up to Smiths Lake this summer. We have a friend who also has a jetboat that has a house on the lake. He's on the Facebook site but not here.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
he can join also! and I wouldn't mind trying out Smith Lake! :)

SColby7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We were just in Orange Beach last week for spring break. Saw a couple yamahas together in Cotton Bayou earlier in the week. Made me think about having our boat there. Just too bad its still buried in storage. Weather here is just to unpredictable to call up to have it dug out only to say ok put back for a little longer. Maybe someday we'll be able to drag it down.
We did get to float around with our friends on their pontoon though.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to hear @SColby7 -
When you come down as long as you can get the wind in your face, the sand on your feet and a Bushwacker in your hand you are doing good sir!! :thumbsup: