• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Orange Beach / Gulf Shores, AL - in December?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Swaski If you decide to take the boat and wand to spend a day or to in NOLA you can park the boat at my house. If not, I'll be happy to take you and the family out around the marsh/lake if I'm off work!
And that right there ^^^ is why this forum is such a great place!
@swatski with all this brotherly love I don't how you could go wrong. You and the family are going to have a blast on your southern trip.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Swaski If you decide to take the boat and wand to spend a day or to in NOLA you can park the boat at my house. If not, I'll be happy to take you and the family out around the marsh/lake if I'm off work!
Wow - that is something I've been secretly dreaming about for a while.
(Yeah, a part of me seriously wants to move down there and become one of the guys on Swamp People!!!)
Thank you, very very kind!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And that right there ^^^ is why this forum is such a great place!
@swatski with all this brotherly love I don't how you could go wrong. You and the family are going to have a blast on your southern trip.
I know!

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Gulf Shores (and surrounding cities like Orange Beach, Perdido, Destin) is a great destination to visit. Clean beaches and great gulf waters! Hope y'all have a great trip if you take it. My parents used to have a condo in Perdido and I miss those days so much now that we have a boat.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My parents used to have a condo in Perdido and I miss those days so much now that we have a boat.
You're still invited back down to the beach bud.

Come on down. I'll buy the first round!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My oldest sister lives in Gulf Shores and I haven't seen her in forever. Need to make the trip down there sometime and of course bring the boat along.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My oldest sister lives in Gulf Shores and I haven't seen her in forever. Need to make the trip down there sometime and of course bring the boat along.
If this morphs into a gathering I'm very interested! I still have parts of Spring/summer 19 somewhat unplanned.
Just saying...

I have never been to Gulf Shores and vicinity and feel very strong desire to remedy that ASAP!

--

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have never been to Gulf Shores and vicinity and feel very strong desire to remedy that ASAP!
What's the newest brother - is momma and girls in agreeance to come down for winter break?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's the newest brother - is momma and girls in agreeance to come down for winter break?
After the latest snow storm here things are looking up for that trip!

--

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife's the exact opposite. She loves snow! (She grew up near Orlando, FL and now lives in lower Alabama.)

Guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After much trepidation w/ totally crazy Midwestern weather of late we will be heading North tomorrow!
Our simple plans got rained on, badly, so we are determined to head as far North as we need to, to find snow...
Granite Peak, WI, is looking good right now.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
After much trepidation w/ totally crazy Midwestern weather of late we will be heading North tomorrow!
Our simple plans got rained on, badly, so we are determined to head as far North as we need to, to find snow...
Granite Peak, WI, is looking good right now.

--
Let me know where you end up. I plan on snowboarding this weekend, and could meet up with you. (You probably don't have to head all the way up to Wausau. Cascade, Devils Head, Tyrol Basin, or even Alpine Valley near me all have good snow.)

If this morphs into a gathering I'm very interested! I still have parts of Spring/summer 19 somewhat unplanned.
Just saying...
--
Also it's looking like I'll be back down in Orange Beach mid June, this time most likely bringing the boat. So I'm listening as well....

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I still have my jetboat next summer we could try and create a mini-meet up in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area around that time frame.

Trussell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking at Gulf Shores, AL as a possible destination for a Xmas/New Year break trip.

We usually snow ski but I'm feeling inclined to try something else... I know, it's not going to be super warm down there but that's okay.

Never been before, would love to see places like Robinson Island, etc. I would possibly bring the boat with us.

--
Great place and looks like it will be close to 70 but you could get hit with quite a bit of rain..... orange beach and gulf shores was not effective by the hurricane...lulu's is definitely a place to check out right on the water with boat dock parking

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
.lulu's is definitely a place to check out right on the water with boat dock parking
We loved Lulu's when we were down there. Wished we had a boat with us too. There was a good sized marina next door so we were able to dream about having ours there a little.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me know where you end up. I plan on snowboarding this weekend, and could meet up with you. (You probably don't have to head all the way up to Wausau. Cascade, Devils Head, Tyrol Basin, or even Alpine Valley near me all have good snow.)

Also it's looking like I'll be back down in Orange Beach mid June, this time most likely bringing the boat. So I'm listening as well....
We just arrived, found snow!! All the way to Granite Peak, lol, looks like the conditions should be okay tomorrow.
upload_2018-12-28_23-30-18.png

Will be skiing this tomorrow and Sunday.
Sundown and Tirol Basin seemed like a bit of a mess after Thursday showers, Cascade was probably okay but we decided to just suck it up and plow ahead all the way. Staying in the COurtyard, Kate got the last room with her platinum bs status, lol, comes in handy I guess.

Maybe, maybe @tim h might even show up! This is, apparently, his Winter lair!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I still have my jetboat next summer we could try and create a mini-meet up in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area around that time frame.
Well, if you don't have your jetboat next year... Just bring your new Makai, we won;t be mad, promise! lol

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some pretty good skiing today at Granite Peak, WI!
IMG_7881.JPG IMG_7879.JPG

And then... @tim h The Snowboarding Machine showed up!!!
IMG_7883.JPG

@tim h Great seeing you, your brother, and your awesome niece, Lacey!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had a brilliant idea about this place. The ski resort/Granite Peak overlooks what appears to be a gorgeous Lake Wausau on the Wisconsin River...
upload_2018-12-30_23-25-21.png

Come Spring, there may be time with all the ice gone from the river but still plenty of snow on the Granite Peak slopes...!
I might be able to bring the boat and surf and ski on the same day.
That would be totally cool, wouldn't it?

--