• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oregon / Washington Yamaha meetup

Oregon / Washington meet up dates in August

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Burcina

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any thoughts of extending an invite to us Washington folk? August looks pretty busy, but if I can fit it in then I would love to see @bobbie 's magical boat in action!

On the other hand if I just made this awkward by inviting myself then carry on, I'll crawl back into my hole!
The more the merrier

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think that's great idea to get River City involved and spread the word to as many Yamaha boaters as possible.

Jason Burcina

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I talked to Ken at river city boats and told him that I'd like to try and get at least 20 boats together maybe up at Willamette park in Portland and cruise the Willamette may be over into the Columbia. Or we can find a local lake to take over. It would be on a Sunday in August

jsawyers33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in. I am not at all familiar with the rivers up there, but as long as someone knows where we are going I am happy to follow along. Down here in Salem the Willamette has quite a few shallow sand bars in the middle of the river that can catch you pretty quick if you aren’t expecting them.

Jason Burcina

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Willamette up in Portland is pretty cool if you looking just to cruise and then we can actually had over down the Columbia and I believe there's a couple restaurants out on the water. Or we can take over a local lake. Detriot will be fine there's algae and almost every lake as long as you're not swimming directly on it you should be OK

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Willamette up in Portland is pretty cool if you looking just to cruise and then we can actually had over down the Columbia and I believe there's a couple restaurants out on the water. Or we can take over a local lake. Detriot will be fine there's algae and almost every lake as long as you're not swimming directly on it you should be OK
I’m in as well, after doing a cruise up and down the river we could anchor and hang out in the Ross Island lagoon.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@malibu Dan you interested or anyone else in Oregon/Washington that you can think of?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am down for it...

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Check out the channel that runs on the west side of Sauve island.. nice long, calm stretch with plenty of parks( with docks).. on the water gas( if needed)...

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If it was a black Yamaha behind a cement color Toyota Tundra that was me. 6 or 7 o'clock sounds about right
Yes, probably was. I was too busy checking out the boat to notice the truck, though!

We'll be on Green Peter on August 5th for certain, as we're camping at the Quartzville group site. It's a great setup, and as long as the water doesn't drop too much we anchor right at the campsite.

Jason Burcina

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was at green Peter on Sunday and the water level has gone down at least 5 feet. We launched out of Whitcomb and it was a nightmare. It seems like people don't know what the hell they are doing. I'm no expert but I have common sense and courtesy. Then at the end of the day when we decided to head in there was a 30' pontoon boat built by some crackheads flipped over on its side at the top of the boat ramp. I've never seen more chaos and confusion in my life after an hour and a 1/2 and 3 different types of tow vehicles they were able to get that thing up righted and back on to the trailer just as the police showed up. These people did not have any type of chains securing the trailer to the truck or the boat to the trailer

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was at green Peter on Sunday and the water level has gone down at least 5 feet. We launched out of Whitcomb and it was a nightmare. It seems like people don't know what the hell they are doing. I'm no expert but I have common sense and courtesy. Then at the end of the day when we decided to head in there was a 30' pontoon boat built by some crackheads flipped over on its side at the top of the boat ramp. I've never seen more chaos and confusion in my life after an hour and a 1/2 and 3 different types of tow vehicles they were able to get that thing up righted and back on to the trailer just as the police showed up. These people did not have any type of chains securing the trailer to the truck or the boat to the trailer
It's always interesting at the boat docks at the start of the boating season. One year at Detroit Lake I watched an entire 24 foot fiberglass I/O come completely of the trailer onto the concrete at the top the ramp. Chunks of fiberglass flew everywhere.

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The ramp and parking situation at Green Peter is pretty bad. Sometimes it's worth it to drive all the way up to the gravel ramp at Quartzville. I really like GP, but on the weekends we often end up on Foster just because it is so easy to get on and off the water.

I'm hoping the water level doesn't drop any more for a few weeks at GP, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not looking good for me. The 19th is the only date, of the four, that I am a hard no.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought my boat in Portland so it would be a little bit of a home coming!

jsawyers33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I am officially disqualified from this gathering now. After a boating/ camping trip with the extended family I decided we needed a stern drive. My dad, wife and brother just couldn’t deal with the handling ( even after later thrusters and thrust vectors). I went up to river city boats where I originally bought the Yamaha and really liked the regal 21 rx surf so we bit the bullet. Looks like now I’ll have to give surfing a try. Hope you all have a great time

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, I am officially disqualified from this gathering now. After a boating/ camping trip with the extended family I decided we needed a stern drive. My dad, wife and brother just couldn’t deal with the handling ( even after later thrusters and thrust vectors). I went up to river city boats where I originally bought the Yamaha and really liked the regal 21 rx surf so we bit the bullet. Looks like now I’ll have to give surfing a try. Hope you all have a great time
Enjoy the new boat, that looks like a nice setup.