• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

other than storage any drawbacks to a wake version of a yamaha jet?

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was set on an AR 250 but now we are leaning towards a house on Lake Anna. I think wakesurfing would be a great addition for the future if it didnt take away from the boat. i understand we loose storage - any other issues?

That is a good feature of the 2023 boats, I see they moved to soft ballast bags, rather than tanks. So you truly can recover some storage. I was thinking they used soft bags in some previous models as well, but I will let others chime in.

You lose in water seating as well.

You lose in water seating as well.
Oof, I suppose the wake shapers are in the way? That is one of the biggest features I would want on a new boat. As we purchased our retirement home on a lake with no real sandbars. So we have learned to tie up in calm bays with friends and sit on swim saddles.

The swim up seats would be the perfect option for our lake life as it is today. I keep telling my wife, the day that tritoons start offering jets or those new BRP motors that allow a swimdeck at water level, we may be in the market for a new boat. It's the part we love most about our Yamaha.

Both motor options are now out there, so it's up to the toon builders to make it happen.

Oof, I suppose the wake shapers are in the way? That is one of the biggest features I would want on a new boat. As we purchased our retirement home on a lake with no real sandbars. So we have learned to tie up in calm bays with friends and sit on swim saddles.

The swim up seats would be the perfect option for our lake life as it is today. I keep telling my wife, the day that tritoons start offering jets or those new BRP motors that allow a swimdeck at water level, we may be in the market for a new boat. It's the part we love most about our Yamaha.

Both motor options are now out there, so it's up to the toon builders to make it happen.

Zero chance I get in swim deck seats with anything with a prop. The seats would have to activate a kill switch.

The soft ballast bags like the ones in my 212x are great. They have an inner bag and an outer covering both of which are pretty think so I have no worries of accident punctures when they are empty and typically only use that area for the easy-up and stuff that we leave in the cove/beach. But the bags sit so far back it really hasn’t impacted what we store. I would be surprised to find out that you lose the swim seating, but my wallet and family like our 2015 and have no desire to look at the new models - to many electronics.

The HO ( supercharged) boats burn way more fuel....FYI. You can get a surfable wake for small people and a very small pocket stock. If you want to large surfers or want a long tall wave your no gonna get it without alot more ballast and devices. I have 255xd for reference.

We have a 255XD and generally I agree. Burns a lot of fuel when surfing. We HAVE BEEN able to get a good push for ropeless without extra bags if we fill the gas tank, have fairly calm water, and at least 7 in the boat. We crowd the back corner where the surfer is but the wake is still sensitive to where people are sitting in the boat. With filled tanks center and surf side, 180 lb or less surfers go ropeless easily. Over that weight and it depends on the board size and surfer experience. Also a slight arc turn to the surf side helps.
It seems like a little more surfpointe or hull development would help a lot.

Do the super charged motors require premium fuel?

Back