• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Overgrown Weeds in Marina!!

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Clearly the answer is a Venturi siphon plumbed to inject herbicide in the downstream side of your coolant system. Targeted clandestine application.
As an Engineer, I quite like this idea... :cool:

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
If you marina complains about the time or expense, you might direct them to this website:

Cost to treat 1/2 acre is $350
I am going to bookmark this... This seems like a good idea for large weed masses. Maybe the marina will take interest.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Canuckjetboater I think if the marina does nothing, splitting on a bag of herbicide might be the way to go. Unfortunately, I am the only one that has a dock there. The 4 other jet skis that i was with were my friends, but they just launch every time. They would probably just find another ramp - free of weeds - to launch at. But its an idea that wont hurt to discuss that's for sure. Thanks to this thread, i have some links to a few long term, solutions for a large area. Splitting would be perfect in my mind.